• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC 2011 - Pool A - NZ, Tonga, France, Japan, Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

#1?

Larry Dwyer (12)
And I watched the Geelong Cats win the Gay FL......

Late night catching up with this game on the Foxtel IQ.

Off to the Poms vs Scots thread now.

Excellent result for all Tongan Team and all Tongans everywhere. What was the population of Tonga again?

Will this RWC will be known as the rise of the minnows ?

aussie1st

Alfred Walker (16)
France was so far off their game where they were stupid enough to keep taking scrum after scrum when they needed 2 scoring plays. Well deserved win for Tonga, outplayed France in every department, just a shame they lost to Canada.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
France were awful tonight. Whoever plays them next week had better watch out - France's best performances usually come after their worst.

sudrugby

Watty Friend (18)
France were awful tonight. Whoever plays them next week had better watch out - France's best performances usually come after their worst.

Not against the Poms... we now each other by heart and they are serious opponents. They are not overlooking us like the kiwis or the wallabies can do.
It will be the same story against Argentina!

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Tonga went for the win rather go for bonus points to be certain of qualifying for the next RWC by coming third in their pool...that is, if Canada don't beat the ABs...

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
http://www.irb.com/rankings/full.html
As at 26 September France are IRB ranked #5 and Tonga were ranked #13 (up from 15).

While basic numbers really mean nothing in the grand scheme of things, is #13 beating #5 (8 places gap) the biggest upset ever, since Samoa beat the Wobs?

Samoa is currently #10(previously 12) and they beat us earlier this year when we were #2 (10 places gap). I reckon that would be up there as the biggest ever.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Clouds of Darkness have descended upon the Wellington Cake Tin.

NZRT wearing black on account of injured playmaker Dan Carter not being available for rest of RWC.

Alphabet Van Der Merwe looking very focused during anthems and haka.

Loving Kleebergers whiskers. Will the AB's be tempted to pull that like they sometimes used to do to George's dreadlocks?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Some people get upset about references to the variety of possible names for the New Zealand Rugby Team (a poll was held last year).

I prefer to use The Darkness and NZRT as an alternate.

having established my own rules, I see I slipped up and used AB's in latest post. oops.

Darkness behind on the Scoreboard 3 - 0 after Canuk PK. Call the game off now. Let the score stand :)

Try Guildford (from Forward pass?) Conversion Slade. Suzie the Hotel Cleaner has mistakingly given him Wilkos kicking boots.

NZRT 7 Maples 3. 8 minutes gone.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Oh dear for the Maples.

Looks like the NZRT have decided to put paid to the rise of the minnows.

VVito in for a touchdown in the opposite corner. Slade misses. 12 min gone. Darkness 12 - Canuks 3.

Looking ominous for Black tsunami.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Should have been a very popular spectator try to Canada. Probs only chance they may get. Crowd loved it.

Sadly we are back for Slade PK. Darkness 15 - Lumberjacks 3. 16 minutes gone.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Sheeps Dagg in a couple of minutes ago - typing on Scrum Talk thread. Slade missed. 23 minutes gone.

Darkness 20 Lumberjacks 3.

Absolute ballsup in goal from Lumberjack 14 fumbling a long grubber kick through from Cowan. Guilford dots down. Slade missed Conversion (2/4).
Now 25 Black 3 Red
Territory 61% Lumberjacks
Possession 55% Blackness
Tackles 21/1 Black 38/12 Maples

Status
Not open for further replies.