• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rumour: Deans could be gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
The smoke has come from NZ but I can't see him going back there.

Think further abroad, more money less scrutiny but somewhere with lots of links to NZ Rugby.

Does this sound like another country to anyone?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
WIFI told me that Dingo has been appointed Head Coach of The Bye in NSW AAGPS competition.

Threeway negotiations are currently underway between The Bye, The Tahs and Roseville under 14's to thrash out a compromise deal that will allow Dingo to service all three organisations.

D

daz

The Wizard told me Deans won't be coach of the Tahs he will be Director of Rugby and work with a coach who will be promoted from the Shute Shield.

Once again, I completely made all that up.

Are we playing that game now? Cool.

He will be the new "Lara Bingle" in a series of SANZAR adverts, co-starring alongside PDV and John Mitchell.

The new catch-phrase will be " Our reputation, where the bloody hell are you?"

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
My only worry about link is that he is prone to make a mistake on certain players every now and then.

I.E. he picked brando va'aulu on the wing for the reds for far too long, picked horwill at 6. Moving Genia to flyhalf was also a mistake.

But they are few and far between compared to what deans has done with the wallabies.

Va'alu was never contracted by Link, he was moved on after his contract finished. It was more of a case of using what he had. The best thing an Aussie Coach can do.

The Horwill experiment was tried and ditched pretty quickly when Link realised his observation of where the game was going was incorrect and he changed tact completely.

All signs of a great Aussie Coach - using the best of what you have, experimenting and predicting patterns in tactics.

BPC

Phil Hardcastle (33)
The Wizard told me Deans won't be coach of the Tahs he will be Director of Rugby and work with a coach who will be promoted from the Shute Shield.

Once again, I completely made all that up.

That can't be right. Radio told me that Deans would be the back coach and a Shute Shield coach would be head coach with Gaffney as El Supreme Presidente and Benevolent Dictator.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Deans would be an excellent appointment at Super Rugby level. don't kid yourselves. he's certainly better and more qualified than foley who had less of a game plan and less experience. Cheika - yes he did well at leinster and look how poor he's been at stade francais - not to say he isn't a good coach, but he's no saint.
Often coaches make a first step to international rugby and it doesn't work, they head back to club level work on it and return a better coach.
agreed though that the biggest issue is management at the tahs, but hopefully that sorts itself out and you guys are competitive again next year. there is zero chance you will be worse next year than you were this year, especially with deans at the helm.
on the wallabies - it's been nearly 5 years, i think that's all you can really ask for without delivering hardware. that said - you won the tri nations last year and were never a shot of winning the WC, realisitically IMO.
not convinced link is the answer - without quade the reds were a shadow of themselves for much of the year..so is it a quade or a link factor?

If he's such a great coach, take him at the Rebels. He's got great rapport with Kurtley and JOC (James O'Connor), doesn't mind a drinking culture, could be the next stage in the Rebels Super progress. We supporters at the Tahs don't want him.

BPC

Phil Hardcastle (33)
At least if Link becomes the Wallabies coach, we can go back to blaming the players for poor performances rather than pinning everything on the coach.

More likely:

Red supporters will blame the Tahs players in the squad
Tahs supporters will blame Link and favouritism towards Reds players
Brumbies supporters will blame Link and favouritism towards Reds and Tahs players
Rebels supporters will blame Link and the lack of Rebels players
Force supporters will blame Pocock (maybe just Waylon)

Roundawhile

Billy Sheehan (19)
So I take it there was no news from NZ?

Have we been sold a pup to totally and utterly rip out whatever hope was left inside us?

Is it time to cry yet? :(

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
All jokes aside and pretending this rumour has some credence, I wouldn't mind if Deans was Director of Rugby with the Tahs/NSWRU. The Head coach (promoted from the Shute Shield) would look after the day to day coaching. Deans could act as a bridge between the professional and amateur arms of NSW rugby. He’d be involved with selection, recruiting, the academy (if we get it back). His role would involve pathways development, talent identification and nurturing and coaching clinics (which he already does a lot of). He can step away for a while from the intense pressure and enjoy the rugby again.

Whether Deans would want such a role is another story.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
All Blacks coach Steve Hansen says Wallabies have no answers to his side's dominance

• AAP
  • August 29, 2012 1:23PM
All Blacks coach Steve Hansen said the Wallabies had no answers against his team. Source: Getty Images
ALL Blacks coach Steve Hansen says it's no surprise Wallabies counterpart Robbie Deans is under pressure to keep his job given his players appeared lost for answers to New Zealand's dominance.
Deans has copped plenty of flak after Saturday's 22-0 thumping by the All Blacks in Auckland which extended New Zealand's hold on the Bledisloe Cup to a decade.
Since his appointment in 2008, Deans has guided the Wallabies to just three wins in 17 Bledisloe Cup clashes.
When Hansen was asked today whether Deans was feeling the pressure, he didn't pull any punches.
"He's bound to be, he's got to be. I think the players are too," Hansen said on New Zealand radio station LiveSPORT.
"They had the same look in their faces. They were flabbergasted, where do we go next, what do we do next?
"It's not a great position to be in when you are like that, because if you've got no answers, you can't actually improve."

Hansen also said Deans' glowing praise of the All Blacks' performance after the whitewash at Eden Park smacked "a wee bit of Robbie covering his backside".
And the former Wales coach believes the Auckland rout was far from perfect and his side could've racked up a much bigger score if they had added more accuracy to their high-paced game plan.
"We made too many mistakes to be overly excited by it," said Hansen.
"But at the same time we did play well and put them under a lot of pressure.
"Although we won 22-0 we could've probably scored another four or five tries."
The result was the first time the Wallabies had been kept scoreless against the All Blacks in 50 years and it extended Australia's 14-match losing drought against the Kiwis in New Zealand.
Hansen said his personal rivalry with Deans was more like a "big brother-little brother type of thing".
But he also backed Deans as he aims to get the Wallabies up for their next Rugby Championship clash against South Africa in Perth on Saturday week.
"Just because Australia aren't winning against us doesn't make Robbie a bad coach. He had a great record with the Crusaders where he obviously had a really good team," said Hansen, who has enjoyed back-to-back wins over the Wallabies in his first year as All Blacks head coach after serving as assistant to Graham Henry through to last year's World Cup triumph.
"I've spent a lot of time coaching with him, he's not a bad coach. Any team that gets his services are going to benefit from it.
"They are still the No.2 side in the world. He's coping a lot of flak for losing to us, rather than people looking at the bigger picture."

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
^^^ The Tin Foil Hat wearers will love some of these quotes.

One of my snouts is absolutely convinced that Dingo is a fifth columnist placed here by the Lords of Darkness to destroy the Men in Gold.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member

One of my snouts is absolutely convinced that Dingo is a fifth columnist placed here by the Lords of Darkness to destroy the Men in Gold.

me thinks there is a bit of reality in

Just because Australia aren't winning against us doesn't make Robbie a bad coach. He had a great record with the Crusaders where he obviously had a really good team

Dam0

Dave Cowper (27)

I don't think there are many who seriously doubt this now.

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
Here's Steve taking his lunch to work
images

Status
Not open for further replies.