• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rumour: Deans could be gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Unfortunately this all appears to be pie in the sky stuff. Deans will win 2 home games against Saffas and Argies lose away from home to both, "but show plenty of fight" and keep his job only to beat some soft opposition overseas then lose 2-1 to the lions.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Unfortunately this all appears to be pie in the sky stuff. Deans will win 2 home games against Saffas and Argies lose away from home to both, "but show plenty of fight" and keep his job only to beat some soft opposition overseas then lose 2-1 to the lions.

You're an optimist. You really think we will beat France, England, Wales, and Italy this year?

We will do very well to win a couple of those, and could lose all four.

If that happens, it will be all over, red rover.

Scorz

Syd Malcolm (24)
I think he's revelling in throwing Deans to the wolves after the Canterbury 2007/8 "We love Robbie" thing. He's a Cantab, so is Smith, and Henry sort of too - yet the banjo twangers went with Dingo.

Funny, it's really, really hard to find any of those people now. :)

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
I think he's revelling in throwing Deans to the wolves after the Canterbury 2007/8 "We love Robbie" thing. He's a Cantab, so is Smith, and Henry sort of too - yet the banjo twangers went with Dingo.

Funny, it's really, really hard to find any of those people now. :)
Hello Skorsie, long time no see. ;)

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Australia got beaten by a red hot allblacks team.

We beat the best in the NH 3-0

We'll beat the bokke home and away and belt the Argies

We'll be undefeated in Europe

Dead set
I agree, the All Blacks are a class above everyone else.

I think to be fair though you should also mention Scotland and Samoa

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
I agree, the All Blacks are a class above everyone else.

I think to be fair though you should also mention Scotland and Samoa

Samoa was last year. There is no limit to the number of past losses we could wring our hands over if we're feeling especially pessimistic. Tonga 1973 anyone?

Reactions: DPK

Richo

John Thornett (49)
It's not that it was Samoa last year but Scotland this year too. Oh, and at Murrayfield.

It's the litany of poor performances against low-ranked sides under Deans.

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Samoa was last year. There is no limit to the number of past losses we could wring our hands over if we're feeling especially pessimistic. Tonga 1973 anyone?

Judging my the headline of this thread I would say the limit would be from When Deans first started coaching AUS. Some are going as far back as deans Assisting the All blacks in 2003 though.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I think trying to read much into the Scotland loss in Newcastle just detracts from the overall critical discussion of Robbie Deans and the Wallabies.

We had a second rate side with only a couple of days preparation in the most abominable weather seen in this country for a test match in at least 25 years (I certainly can't recall weather like that in Australia in the years I've followed rugby).

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I think trying to read much into the Scotland loss in Newcastle just detracts from the overall critical discussion of Robbie Deans and the Wallabies.

We had a second rate side with only a couple of days preparation in the most abominable weather seen in this country for a test match in at least 25 years (I certainly can't recall weather like that in Australia in the years I've followed rugby).
Sydney v the World XV at the SCG?
Richards fullback, Steve Knight? - search me when that was - i could be confused

D

daz

Australia got beaten by a red hot allblacks team.

We beat the best in the NH 3-0

We'll beat the bokke home and away and belt the Argies

We'll be undefeated in Europe

Dead set

I'll just add a tiny bit of reality to this.

I think we will beat SA and the Pumas in Oz. However, the away legs are far from a shoo-in and we could easily lose both of those.

For the NH tour, I think we will win against Italy.

Depends on which French team turn up. A win is not dead set certainty by any means, however we could also win by a big margin again.

We may very well lose against the Welsh in Wales. I actually think this could go either way, as both teams match up very well. Toss of the coin but home ground advantage might be the difference.

VERY likely to go down against the Poms. I like what I am seeing from Stuart Lancaster. These guys are on a upwards journey.

All in all, I see some dark days ahead in 2012. I'm not even thinking about 2013 yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.