• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rumour: Deans could be gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
It's actually quite amazing, but in hindsight those losses to the AB's have actually calmed me down a bit. Watching Robbie run up the white flag after the second loss and admitting that the team he has been leading for 5 years is a long way behind the best team in the world, has filled me wth the calm serenity of the fact that those statements were surely the nail in the coffin. It may take a couple of months to come to fruition due to financial and scheduling factors, but the admission of defeat is the act of a man who has come to terms with his own impending demise.

D

daz

Daz, hate to break it to you, but you're not gonna be giving the pre-match speech.

Damn. And here I am sitting by the phone waiting for the call-up. :D

Interesting thought you have raised, though; if any of us DID get asked, I wonder what we would say?

Submissions now open.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Pre-match speech- I'll give it a go:
'Boys when you run out there tonight, before kick off I want you to go up to the crowd. I want you to each find a kid who is supporting us. I want you to lean into the crowd and shake that kid's hand. I want you to ask their name. I want you to say to them, "I'm playing for you tonight, Bobby" and then join your team ready for kick off. During the game I want you to think of the joy on the kids face when you shook their hand, Equally I want you to think of how they'll feel if you let them down. Don't drop the ball, don't kick it aimlessly away but most of all don't lose, because if we do you will have to give your match payments to the kids parents to pay for therapy. Now go out there, play to the game plan as a unit and make that kids night.'

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I'll just add a tiny bit of reality to this.

I think we will beat SA and the Pumas in Oz. However, the away legs are far from a shoo-in and we could easily lose both of those.

For the NH tour, I think we will win against Italy.

Depends on which French team turn up. A win is not dead set certainty by any means, however we could also win by a big margin again.

We may very well lose against the Welsh in Wales. I actually think this could go either way, as both teams match up very well. Toss of the coin but home ground advantage might be the difference.

VERY likely to go down against the Poms. I like what I am seeing from Stuart Lancaster. These guys are on a upwards journey.

All in all, I see some dark days ahead in 2012. I'm not even thinking about 2013 yet.

So what your saying Daz, is we could win each game, or we could lose each game.

Thanks for the dose of reality.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
'Boys when you run out there tonight, before kick off I want you to go up to the crowd. I want you to each find a kid who is supporting us. I want you to lean into the crowd and shake that kid's hand. I want you to ask their name. I want you to say to them, "I'm playing for you tonight, Bobby" and then join your team ready for kick off. During the game I want you to think of the joy on the kids face when you shook their hand, Equally I want you to think of how they'll feel if you let them down. Don't drop the ball, don't kick it aimlessly away but most of all don't lose, because if we do you will have to give your match payments to the kids parents to pay for therapy. Now go out there, play to the game plan as a unit and make that kids night.'

That's all well and good, but half our players will get confused when the kid says their name isn't Bobby.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Before I break out into the speech I'd commence with a few ice breakers:
"New hair cut James"
"Haven't seen those leopard skin footy boots before Quade"
"Put the pie down Sekope"
"What's with the eyes Nathan, you'll scare the kids out there"
"You dropped you're comb Tetafu"

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
That's not bloody bad - I would add a few 4 letter words in there in case they thought I was a bit soft - and then I'd tell QC (Quade Cooper) that he could take KB (Kurtley Beale) and leave if he wasn't playing by my rules - you too JOC (James O'Connor)....maybe we need to do that earlier in the week just in case they call my bluff.

Rugrat

Darby Loudon (17)
I am not into to much theory and complicated game plan so as coach I would go with .
Man the fuck up. I will not defend you as a team unless you defend yourself on the field. Hit low everything that moves, if an AB is over the ball smash him, stay tight as a forward pack in attack and defense and finish like you start. Hey you guys at centre, if you cant break the line for fuck sake pass it to Digby.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I am not into to much theory and complicated game plan so as coach I would go with .
Man the fuck up. I will not defend you as a team unless you defend yourself on the field. Hit low everything that moves, if an AB is over the ball smash him, stay tight as a forward pack in attack and defense and finish like you start. Hey you guys at centre, if you cant break the line for fuck sake pass it to Digby.
Stop tweeting up the back

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)

I found your inspiration :D

D

daz

So what your saying Daz, is we could win each game, or we could lose each game.

Thanks for the dose of reality.

That's not quite what I said, but welcome to sports predictions. My thoughts are absolutely no different to anyone else's.

A good team could play badly, and an underdog could rise up. You just never know. What more do you want from me?

1 game = 2 teams and three possible results.

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Get off the fence and make a prediction. Tell us what you really think will happen.

I miss the days of Glen McGrath predicting 5-0 ashed wins etc.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
McGrath still predicts whitewashes. The only difference is that he isn't on the field to carry it out.

D

daz

Get off the fence and make a prediction. Tell us what you really think will happen.

Sorry, I thought I did. But I will summarise:

Win against SA and Pumas in Oz.

Lose against SA and Pumas away.

France: Who the fuck knows? Not even Nostradamus could predict that.

Wales: We will lose, just, but only due to home ground advantage. Evenly matched teams.

England: Likely Wallaby loss. Could be a nasty surprise waiting for us at Twickenham. They look stronger than us, especially at home. So far, I like what Stuart Lancaster is doing.

Italy: We will win, but only because our backs are better than theirs. After the Italy forwards are exhausted in the first half, our backs will cut loose in the second half.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
How about something along these lines:

The Lions won the ensuing game, I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.