• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Round 7 - Drua v Waratahs - CBUS Stadium Gold Coast

Status
Not open for further replies.

molman

Jim Lenehan (48)
The Tah's core game plan was good and by and large they executed. They allowed themselves to get a little loose at times, allowing the Drua back in at points. They need to know when to slow it down and settle a little.

I continue to be impressed by Gamble. Bell's class is evident. For all the naysayers, I think Newsome is having a great season.

Froggy

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I thought Grant went all right, made some mistakes but pretty sharp and made a couple of good breaks. Tahs had the game well won, but allowed themselves to be rattled a bit when the Drua got a roll on, and once again gave away too many penalties. That will continue to cost them dearly against good sides. I agree with Molman regarding Gamble and Bell, they are both real class. With Hooper back, I'd nearly be inclined to start Gamble at 6. I hope we have a few players returning soon, we finished the game with a 6 and an 8 in the second row, and two 7's. Would hate to see that packing against the Brumbies! I thought Newsome, Peitsch, Edmed, Harris, Holloway, Gamble and Bell all had pretty solid outings.
The guy I'm disappointed in is Horton, who I thought in 2020 looked really promising, but doesn't seem to be improving. He came on tonight and his first three involvements were a dire lineout throw, giving away a penalty and then a knock-on.

dru

David Wilson (68)
I thought Grant went all right, made some mistakes but pretty sharp and made a couple of good breaks. Tahs had the game well won, but allowed themselves to be rattled a bit when the Drua got a roll on, and once again gave away too many penalties. That will continue to cost them dearly against good sides. I agree with Molman regarding Gamble and Bell, they are both real class. With Hooper back, I'd nearly be inclined to start Gamble at 6. I hope we have a few players returning soon, we finished the game with a 6 and an 8 in the second row, and two 7's. Would hate to see that packing against the Brumbies! I thought Newsome, Peitsch, Edmed, Harris, Holloway, Gamble and Bell all had pretty solid outings.
The guy I'm disappointed in is Horton, who I thought in 2020 looked really promising, but doesn't seem to be improving. He came on tonight and his first three involvements were a dire lineout throw, giving away a penalty and then a knock-on.

Agree on much of this. Horton in particular - had expected more by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.