• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Round 7 - Drua v Waratahs - CBUS Stadium Gold Coast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steeden

Frank Row (1)
Yes. One has to wonder about a key board warrior being so appallingly judgemental of a particular player, when the Wallaby coach thinks completely opposite.
I suppose there are many who still don’t rate Michael Hooper. All I can say to that is they have absolutely no idea.
Derpus certainly has a bee in bonnet about Donaldson. My guess is that Derpus is related to Harrison or Edmed. Got to love a hidden agenda. Sometimes it's so obvious.

Of course he is entitled to his opinion, but to write the vitriol that he did about a young kid who has only played 6 or 7 games in one of the most challenging positions is poor form and typical of a keyboard warrior with no idea. Does he attend training every day and observe what goes on behind closed doors to understand why coaches make the selections that they do ? As you say Lightblue...Coleman, Whitaker, Rennie, Wisemantel and co must all be poor judges of talent for selecting Donaldson ahead of the other 10's. Perhaps the coaches need to spend more time poring thru threads like this seeking the advice and opinions of so-called experts like Derpus who has probably never played a game of rugby in his life.

Not long ago we were bemoaning the fact that there was a dearth of young 10's in the country. All of a sudden we now have Lolesio, Donaldson, Edmed, Pasitoa, Gordon and Harrison knocking on the selector's door. But they all need time to develop and of course they are going to stumble along the way. Rather than knocking them down with cheap shots from behind closed doors, we should be supporting and encouraging them and hoping that they all succeed and contribute to the ongoing success of Australian Rugby.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
My prediction in 3 years:
Edmed and Pasitoa are playing in the centres. Possibly overseas.
Lolesio finds his mojo after a couple of up and down years. Still playing Super Rugby at flyhalf.
Harrison playing at fullback in Super Rugby.
Donaldson and Gordon are the preferred Wallabies’ flyhalf. 50/50 who starts.
Lynagh knocking on the door as the next best selection for Wallabies.
JOC (James O'Connor) in NZ. Up and down with injury.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Well said ....I think it best to just ignore poor old Derps .... just ‘jog on’ past his comments!

Without preamble, you dived in to take issue with no statement from Derp about this on this thread. If you don't want to go there - don't go there. IF you do then its not reasonable to expect a nil response. It came back as a bit of banter between DP and D. If you don't know by now where a conversation like that is going then don't get involved start it.

At this point it's boorish.

Last edited:

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
Without preamble, you dived in to take issue with no statement from Derp about this on this thread. If you don't want to go there - don't go there. IF you do then its not reasonable to expect a nil response. It came back as a bit of banter between DP and D. If you don't know by now where a conversation like that is going by now then don't get involved start it.

At this point it's boorish.
Point taken.
You are right.
I just don’t like key board warriors or bullies period. I’ll call them out on line or in person every time.
I’ll concentrate on making positive statements about players and teams.

Reactions: TSR

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
I just don’t like key board warriors or bullies period. I’ll call them out on line or in person every time.
Quite the sumptuous vein of heroic martyrdom you're mining for yourself there.

If we can't be parochial/slag off players then, as Derps alluded to, what are any of us doing here.
I’ll concentrate on making positive statements about players and teams.
JEEEEEEZUS F***************** CHRIIIIIIIIIIIST. IF I'M NOT ALLOWED TO SLAG OFF THE CANTABS YOU MAY AS WELL DLEEtTE 4,000 OF MY POSTS FFS
between DP and D.
It was all Derps fault Sir, he was the one who started it.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Shouldn’t overlook the fact that Edmend, Harrison, and Donaldson are all damn good goal kickers as well.
Very good point..don’t lose anything with any of them as goal kickers. You would have to think tahs going to struggle to hold onto all 3 as all very good. My bet is with edmed contract expiring this year someone may pounce brumbies as 12 position opened up with Simone moving on and would also be good backup option for Noah instead of Iona. I feel Donaldson could overtake Noah as best 10 behind JOC (James O'Connor) and Quade.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)

If we can't be parochial/slag off players then, as Derps alluded to, what are any of us doing here.

JEEEEEEZUS F***************** CHRIIIIIIIIIIIST. IF I'M NOT ALLOWED TO SLAG OFF THE CANTABS YOU MAY AS WELL DLEEtTE 4,000 OF MY POSTS FFS

I’m here mainly to avoid work.

With regards to your posts - I just think you have to try a bit harder not to take it all so seriously. At times it’s just like you’re the Byron Keleher of posters.

PS maybe Derps has blocked you.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)

I've decided to block every poster on this forum, but you.

And maybe Dru...

I’m here mainly to avoid work.

With regards to your posts - I just think you have to try a bit harder not to take it all so seriously. At times it’s just like you’re the Byron Keleher of posters.

PS maybe Derps has blocked you.
I can't actually block people because i get curious and click the show blocked content button. The forbidden fruit.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
With regards to your posts - I just think you have to try a bit harder not to take it all so seriously.
You got Aspergers of the cock if you think I'm taking any of this seriously.
At times it’s just like you’re the Byron Keleher of posters.
giphy.gif

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I've decided to block every poster on this forum, but you.

And maybe Dru...

I can't actually block people because i get curious and click the show blocked content button. The forbidden fruit.
If you block us all, you become the singularity, and you don't want to know where that takes you.
Dismal might show you.

Status
Not open for further replies.