• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Round 7 - Drua v Waratahs - CBUS Stadium Gold Coast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex Ross (28)
We haven't seen the best of him yet. His kicking from the spot was pretty good, apart from anything else.
Safe to say we haven’t seen the best of any of them. They are all talented and slightly different with what they bring. But all have huge potential. Good problem to have for the Tahs, and more broadly Australia.

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
You are not allowed to say things like that in these parts.
They are all good and all learning to get better. I prefer to be positive and not slander a player because I personally don’t think a player is the best in his position. Discuss and comment but not put players down. Anyone at Super Rugby level is a good rugby player.
For the last two years you couldn’t get on the Harrison bandwagon because it was choc a block full. Looks like he is the 3rd choice 10 in Coleman’s eyes this year though? Good footballer none the less.
’DC’ seems to be going ok with his selections and results so far, so obviously a fair judge of ability. Donaldson has been recognised by Wallaby staff as having something they like. Edmed is very good but plays slightly differently. I think the Waratahs are very lucky to have 3 quality young players in that position that most other franchises would love to have, and yes one won’t be there next year unfortunately. Maybe that’s a good thing for whoever that player is and the lucky team that he goes to?
The Tahs are good to watch and will get better every game. Plus they will have a brand new home ground next year too.

Froggy

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
So Derpus you don't see any difference between someone saying Edmed runs the backline better than Donaldson (which I'm inclined to agree with), and saying Donaldson sucks, is pants, is a shitshow, fuck off back to 4th grade, and the worst Tah 10 since Halangahu?
Interesting that Rennie has him in his Wallaby squad, I'm really surprised he hasn't called you to get some sage advice!

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
So Derpus you don't see any difference between someone saying Edmed runs the backline better than Donaldson (which I'm inclined to agree with), and saying Donaldson sucks, is pants, is a shitshow, fuck off back to 4th grade, and the worst Tah 10 since Halangahu?
Interesting that Rennie has him in his Wallaby squad, I'm really surprised he hasn't called you to get some sage advice!
Yes. One has to wonder about a key board warrior being so appallingly judgemental of a particular player, when the Wallaby coach thinks completely opposite.
I suppose there are many who still don’t rate Michael Hooper. All I can say to that is they have absolutely no idea.

Last edited:

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
All three 10s have pluses and minuses. Without opening up a can of worms, I kind of wish Beale wasn’t returning. I’d rather see the guys we have develop a healthy competition for spots.
Me too. I really like the look of Harrison as a fullback and although Beale has a great deal of experience he is forcing out one of these young blokes out. Difficult one.

molman

Jim Lenehan (48)
All three 10s have pluses and minuses. Without opening up a can of worms, I kind of wish Beale wasn’t returning. I’d rather see the guys we have develop a healthy competition for spots.
It's an odd situation as we were all bemoaning the fact that the Tah's had no 'genuine' (whatever that means) 15's in the squad with the departure of Maddocks. Now we're excited at the prospect of fitting 3 young but developing players in the 23. Not to mention that Newsome didn't totally suck at fullback either :)

Truthfully of the returning players from o/s, Rodda was the one I was hoping would find a home at the Tah's.

Froggy

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I think all three 10's have their strengths. IMO Edmed probably does the best job of running the backline, Donaldson has the best running game and is the best kicker out of hand. Harrison is the most creative, the toughest defender and the best goal-kicker. The big question is how they all develop from here. I recall a young Manny Edmonds looked like being the next big thing, but didn't really kick on.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I think Harrison will look the dogs bollocks behind a pack that is functioning, in a team defending with backs who can play a bit

He looked good playing in a team of turds last year

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
None whatsoever...

Perhaps I overreacted in that particular match thread. I was somewhat frustrated with the bloke throwing the game.

I still don't see what others do, including Rennie. I'll dial it back but I won't stop calling him out for being shit when I think he is. What else are we doing here?

Last edited:

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
None whatsoever...

Perhaps I overreacted in that particular match thread. I was somewhat frustrated with the bloke throwing the game.

I still don't see what others do, including Rennie. I'll dial it back but I won't stop calling him out for being shit when I think he is. What else are we doing here?
Fair enough. But then you’d have to call out every other player who is so called ‘shit’ when your great positive rugby brain thinks they are too?
And we’ll call you out for making any shit comments as well.

Last edited:

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I guess it makes sense for Simone. He hasn't been able to crack the Wallabies so he's not part of the plan for next year. He might be a chance for 2027, but he'll be ~30...31.. by then. It's a real shame though. NZ are better at holding onto their players just outside the All Blacks. It's were AU looses it's depth. I'd prefer to see some arrangement with a Japan club. Let them go make some coin, experience a different culture, keep his body in check and then have him bounce back to keep the continuity of experience in and around the club.

Ultimately what Coleman needs to work out is how to keep evolving the core of this team and how to tweak those elements that need to shift a little more quickly. Players like Harris will only keep getting better and I'm not sure we've seen the best of Swinton yet either. You'd be a fool to let Gamble leave atm with the energy and positivity he is radiating. Warren-Vosayaco is a bit of an unknown as to how he will fit in, contribute to the long-term success. I like his points of difference so I'm keen to see more of him. I really liked aspects of how the Sunwolves played and how he worked within that system so it'll be interesting to see how he gels with the Waratah boys. He's made clear his aspirations for International honours so he will have to turn in some solid performances to make a play as a bit of a bolter.
Agree gamble one to hold onto…but say a rebels would be smart to target him to offer more playing time as reckon he is vying with Mcreight as next best seven behind hooper at the moment. But if can hang around hoopers eventual replacement when hooper moves on. Warren-Vasayaco the one interested to see what he can offer and get to as for size and talent..just how much potential I guess the unknown.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
I think Harrison will look the dogs bollocks behind a pack that is functioning, in a team defending with backs who can play a bit

He looked good playing in a team of turds last year
I think he probably should be 10.. or that should be his position, I don't think he'll go as far at 15.

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
None whatsoever...

I think we are here to watch all the games and give opinions based on that not look for likes from members of other franchises for putting shit on Waratahs players. But I might be like Rennie just plain wrong

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
We haven’t had any quality 10s here for years. Foley, QC (Quade Cooper) had the role locked down. Any good organising backline player went OS or to league, it was a closed shop. Suddenly we have some promise in that position. Do we need to shit can them when they aren’t perfect? They are learning on the run, there isn’t an established 10 for them to learn their trade from at this level. Donaldson, Lolesio, Edmed, Harrison, carter, pasitoa, et al aren’t the finished product. But at present they’re the best we have.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I think we are here to watch all the games and give opinions based on that not look for likes from members of other franchises for putting shit on Waratahs players. But I might be like Rennie just plain wrong
Piss off. I said I'd reel it in. What else do you want mate? Jog on.

Status
Not open for further replies.