• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Round 12 Blues v Force Auckland - Battle of the Basement

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
McCalman has been the form #8 of the whole competition. He makes twice as many runs as the next one. Not surprising his impact may have lessened in the 2nd half, he's doing his whole pack's work.

On cue he scores! Huge effort.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Big Dog gets BP try for Force. Eberson drop kick conversion fails.

Blues 41 Force 24. 2 minutes left.

Sir blows time.

Final Score: Auckland Blues 41 Western Force 24.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Yeah. You'd love him in the Tahs. How about we get the same leg up from the ARU as the Tahs do and maybe we could compete.
No, I don't want him at the Tahs per se, but his development is going nowhere under Foley. It's a shame.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
Force defiantly would have won that were it not for the biased home town ref'. Despite the horrible bias shown against the Force (in every game) they defiantly should be a contender next year. The definitiveness in the face of such bias is a testament to their inner character and true supporters such as myself.

M

Moono75

Force need to set the alarm clock......they were asleep first half. 10 in a row.....New Force record!

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Force defiantly would have won that were it not for the biased home town ref'. Despite the horrible bias shown against the Force (in every game) they defiantly should be a contender next year. The definitiveness in the face of such bias is a testament to their inner character and true supporters such as myself.

Don't be a dickhead. Nobody was complaining about the referee.

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
I think we have the talent to be quite a good team. I think we are trying to Force local players through way too quickly, and I think if we could pick up a back line coach and have Foley concentrate on the forwards, it would make a huge difference.

Interesting game that too. What has happened to the Force defence. Last year they trusted one another and made their tackles. This year its in shambles.

I also think Badger is burned out. He has been playing for 15 months without a break. He needs a month or two off to refresh. Id be dropping him honestly, he just isn't there. Godwins issue is that he is one place too wide. And he isn't getting the support he needs. He is stepping, getting over the gain line, and then having no-one to offload too.

G

galumay

WTF!? What drugs are you on? They couldn't have won that game if the ref pulled a jersey on and made them 16.

They were totally outclassed - by a team that has been beaten in most games this season.

(sorry if your post was pure sarcasm & I misread it)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Well if he does he is a fucking idiot. The referee had 0 to do with it. But give the rest of us a break. We are as sick of hearing about it as you are with him.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Definitely could see why these 2 teams are cellar dwellers, do bits and pieces well, but not a lot to get excited about. When we look at players that want to play in Japan and then think they can follow up with a S15 season, I think note should be taken of 'rent-a-quote', he looks tired and although he was never a great wing (well I didn't think so), he sure looks bloody tired at this stage !

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
He'd have more impact if he had some help around doing the same thing. The complementary effect of several forwards being dynamic is considerable. Good work rate, durable, and a bit of edge. Cheika likes that. Be amazed if he is not in the reckoning.
Vaea? Not yet.
Butler? Big future.
McMahon? 6/7 type of player, not 8.
I can see the argument for him to be sure, but as with the Pocock/Hooper argument much will depend on who is in the rest of the pack and exorcising the ball row. I just see him as the same sort of player as R. Brown, lots of workrate, very little impact in it. If it is workrate that is wanted I'd pick Hoiles before him for the lineout skills.

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
I thought that McCalman had been a little soft at the early stages of his career but it is something he has worked at and is now able to get over the gain line on a regular basis. He isn't the ball carrier style 8 making dashes down the wing, rather the guy that will pick and drive in attack, and defend the ruck. We have planty of back rowers capable of running it, Hooper, McMahon, Fardy. Pocock will be over the ball. McCalman will be protecting it in defence and making the hard tackles.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
884685.jpg

"Yes, John. I can do that. In return, 2 All Blacks injured until around June."
"Oh fine, fuck yeah, no problem, fine with that, where do I sign?"

M

Moono75

Badger needs to be dropped. Bring Mitch Scott in as I have been saying on the TWF forum forever!

Status
Not open for further replies.