• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Round 12 Blues v Force Auckland - Battle of the Basement

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I have to wonder why Richard Graham is always on the short list to be fired, and Foley isn't.

I just cannot see what significant and lasting steps forward the Force have taken since he came on board.

His record is worse is it not!!

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
The Force remain as I have said the Tahs 2009-2011 lite. The same low risk play. The same one out "hit ups". The same kicking from anywhere in their own half, regardless of counter attacking opportunities.

As with RG, Foley was a known quantity as a head coach and it shouldn't be surprise to anyone that the results closely correlate with what was achieved before. The key difference between the two is the fact that Foley is a very accomplished Forwards coach, at one time the best in Australia. RG has no historical success to back up his continued position as HC of the Reds.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Looking at Wallaby prospects, I'd say McCalman is keeping his name well in the mix with very consistent games, guys like Godwin and Cummins are nowhere near the discussion at the moment. Hodgo having a decent game, but too many bloody 7s around!

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Oh fuck. Lucky we've got a few other blokes who can ply wing & fullback. May well be the saving of Dagg's RWC chances as well.

Akira Ioane looks a great prospect. Although the Force are making a lot of Blues players look good.

Titch rated him highly in the brief time he had him in the 7's setup, wouldn't be surprised to see him at Rio provided he can shed some of the kg he's put on for 15's.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
I don't know about that Cyclo . For all the work rate he is back to having next to no impact. I'd take Vaea, Butler or McMahon before him.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
As for Godwin, he do well to leave the Force, he is being misused as boring more than a League style bash up man. That goes for the whole backline.

M

Moono75

I can just imagine Foley in the change rooms, great half boys, you are winning this one well. 60% possession, territory. Just need to fix up the tackling boys. What about the scoreboard coach? Foley, don't worry about that, it's obviously a mistake, the statistics have us well ahead.
Just getting a touch old now those comments. I don't hear Foley quoting stats. Did he gilt you or something?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I don't know about that Cyclo . For all the work rate he is back to having next to no impact. I'd take Vaea, Butler or McMahon before him.
He'd have more impact if he had some help around doing the same thing. The complementary effect of several forwards being dynamic is considerable. Good work rate, durable, and a bit of edge. Cheika likes that. Be amazed if he is not in the reckoning.
Vaea? Not yet.
Butler? Big future.
McMahon? 6/7 type of player, not 8.

M

Moono75

As for Godwin, he do well to leave the Force, he is being misused as boring more than a League style bash up man. That goes for the whole backline.
Yeah. You'd love him in the Tahs. How about we get the same leg up from the ARU as the Tahs do and maybe we could compete.

Status
Not open for further replies.