• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rob Horne

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
What's the point of saving Horne for a good pre-season? We did that last year and he got injured again. If he's fit let him play.

Riptide, I do fully believe he's one of our greatest talents we've produced - he has an amazing skillset.

U

Utility Back

I agree if Horne is fit and firing hes got to be in there, hes too good to miss out on, and choosing between him and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) to start is a headache you'd love to have. He's got the directnes and physicality of McCabe in defense, with the better hole hitting and offloading.

U

Utility Back

Actually can a player be replaced from outside the squad during the world cup due to injury?

R

rugby_man

A fully fit Rob Horne would definitely secure the 13 jersey in the Wallabies side IMO. He has a knack for usually beating the first defender. He has very good footwork which enables him to push through the defensive line. He is also a very good defender. He can be one of the greats if he can manage to stay fit.

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
For me, Horne has yet to do anything at Test level to warrant the "most talented" accolade. He still must rank among those players considered to have enormous potential but yet to deliver. Hopefully, he'll get that chance but not this year.

After this Boks game, the Wallabies have just three (3!) matches before the face Italy in the RWC.. There just isn't enough time to test a an entirely new midfield while trying to get more established and newly established combinations in sync.

When exactly is Horne going to get game time if McCabe needs works with AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) and QC (Quade Cooper)? He is certainly not going to be selected next weekend either.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Horne is slim to no chance for mine. He just doesn't have the runs on the board this season and previous seasons of class in the gold jersey to make allowances. It's a real shame, but I don't think it's his year.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
Horne is playing club game on the w/e according to Deans.
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) still doesnt look the goods for run on this year IMO and on the bench he covers a number of positions.
Think horne would make for a stronger side and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) would improve the bench which was a bit lacking v SAF..

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
A fringe Wallaby who has played a couple of games all year. With a history of getting injured. A new low for sure.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
Well the other options are ant or diggers and that would just unleash the usual shitstorm of one eyed reds bias calls.
Just cant see what AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) offers this year, although I was a big fan last year. Being picked on past form IMO.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Deans "no wallaby is assured his place" mantra of the last few years is and always has been bullshit, he knows the team he wants, its to late to change anything, we just have to let him go with it and sit back and enjoy the ride.

Im a massive Horne fan, i hope he gets fit quick and if he does he should be in consideration, if that makes him first choice or not i dont know, squad member, 13s are AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Iaone, Mccabe. he has to be in the mix surely.

that said, if he doesnt get selected i wouldnt be jumping up and down, its a tough call and im sure deans will do whatever he had planned two years ago.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Horne is a real long shot for the RWC. I'm all for AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) to be our outside centre & he'll step up against the All Blacks as he always does in a fortnight.

If AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) gets injured then Fainga'a would be the next cab off the rank.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
well there is the other side of my issues with the Wallaby 13 jumper. I don't think AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) deserves it either. And he doesn't pass! And Fainga'a with McCabe probably won't work either.

F

Fredfreduels

Horne is a good player. I think his performances will determine if he makes the squad. When does Robbie have to finalize his squad?

Status
Not open for further replies.