• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rob Horne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
A McCabe/Horne centre pairing could work well with AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) on the bench to cover centre/fullback/wing.

A

antipodean

A McCabe/Horne centre pairing could work well with AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) on the bench to cover centre/fullback/wing.
Defensively strong and hard running centre pairing. Are either of them noted as distributors?

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Horne has a pretty good offloading game, McCabe less so.

I'm sure I've said this before, but do you really need distributing centres when you've got QC (Quade Cooper), JO'C and Beale in the backline?

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I have seen little of McCabes game but I know he passes more often than AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper). So why is he getting picked on. Didn't he pass to Elsom for BA's try last weekend?

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Horne at 12 is a waste, the main attribute of Horne is his fantastic ability to read an attack and shut it down from 13.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
I have seen little of McCabes game but I know he passes more often than AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper). So why is he getting picked on. Didn't he pass to Elsom for BA's try last weekend?

Did you see his pass? Wasn't exactly Cooper-esque...

FairWeatherAussie

Ted Fahey (11)
I haven't seen a lot of McCabe play, but I'd say passing is not his strength. He shuffles it on when necessary which shows good team awareness, but I've never seen him draw and pass or offload the ball. because of that I'd certainly rate a fit Horne higher. He combines McCabes tackling and power running skills with good vision and great distribution.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
All this is nice to write and read, and it's great to have a 2nd outside centre to talk about (I wouldn't think about him at 12 until he plays some there in Super Rugby) - but unless he can prove his fitness undeniably over the next 3 weekends then he shouldn't be considered.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
I haven't seen a lot of McCabe play, but I'd say passing is not his strength. He shuffles it on when necessary which shows good team awareness, but I've never seen him draw and pass or offload the ball. because of that I'd certainly rate a fit Horne higher. He combines McCabes tackling and power running skills with good vision and great distribution.

Sarge can give a great wide pass running at top pace. I saw him do it twice for tries in one game for the Rats this year. Might have been flukes but he did them.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Sarge can give a great wide pass running at top pace. I saw him do two for tries in one game for the Rats this year. Might have been flukes but he did them.

He also did it a couple of times for the Brumbies this year...

I particularly remember the try he helped set up for Speight against the Force... was playing at fullback but came into the attacking line at outside centre, after some nice work from Lilo he straightened up through a gap, then drew the defender and passed out to Speight...

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
i wasnt there, but the couple of people ive spoken to and some twitter chatter seem to be he played the full 80, looked fit, but didnt get involved to much.

He has been running all year, so he should be fit, its an elbow injury

I am more worried that schmoo will come back a bit soft on the edges.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.