• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds vs Blues, Suncorp Stadium, 2011R13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Think I saw The Saders get pinged for it once or twice last weekend?

Another reason why refs don't pick it is because it's not where the ball is, which is where a gazillion other infringements are occurring.

Nonu does it at just about every breakdown he's around, also in defence but from an offside position. You just need to delay the clearing player for a second and you've got a penalty. Never gets caught - clever

Ali's Choice

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Another reason why refs don't pick it is because it's not where the ball is, which is where a gazillion other infringements are occurring.

Couldn't agree more. Yet another area where the two assistant referees could provide more support to the referee. The referee has enough to do at the breakdown, let alone be expected to be watching to see how far ahead of the tackle area clearing out players are advancing and taking out defenders.

Ali's Choice

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Bring on kickoff.

As a genuine neutral I'm bloody excited about this game. If the Blues win, I will be happy as a New Zealander. But if the Reds win I will be equally happy as I live in QLD and my beloved Crusaders will have a chance to snare top spot in the NZ conference. Win-win. I just want a good game of rugby and I am quietly confident that we're about to watch one.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Ali is proven correct already. Blues penalized for illegal cleanout. Slightly different in that the blues player actually came from the reds side to make that cleanout.

T

TOCC

love him, but gee Digby tries to hard at popping/offloading the ball at times
At least once a week he causes a knock on for one of his team mates by giving a shitty pop off the ground

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
What a try, Digby bounces a few. Genia chucks it to Higgo who races away, offloads to S Finger who ran the final 10 and bounced off Munro.

17-0 Reds

T

TOCC

great run by Digby, good off-load by higginbotham and try to S.Fainga'a

Status
Not open for further replies.