• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds vs Blues, Suncorp Stadium, 2011R13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
I said to my wife before the game that I hope Brett's kicking game wouldn't be as bad as it has been in the last few weeks....I mean honestly, how many times do you need to be charged down before you get it right.....he must have learnt his kicking game from Stephen Donald....

T

TOCC

I guess the real point of consideration, is if the manager hadn't touched the ball, would it have bounced into the crowd and been classified 'touched' anyway..
either way, it was hardly a turning point or defining moment of the match

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
ball was kicked out and he deliberately stretched out to touch the ball so the blues couldn't take a quick line out.

bad form

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Reds manager is clearly a fuckwit. Hope they get fined for that. Bad sportsmanship.

That might be overstating it a bit, Louie. Looked a bit of a reflex reaction to the ball passing him. That said, with all the peripheral hangers-on on the sidelines, perhaps there ought to be a rule regarding whether they can "interfere", willingly or otherwise, with the play in that way. I reckon the touchies and ballboys should be the only ones allowed to touch the ball that is potentially "in play".

G

GC

Great win. Almost too nervous to watch the 2nd half. Huge game from Genia, Cooper (no crazy stuff this game), Horwill, Digby and Higgers.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Great spectacle of a game. Blues might have snuck that one with some more composure at key points. Both teams stuffed themselves physically. Ultimately, Reds were slightly the better so result was pretty indicative. Reds scrum still a bit dicey at times though, but mostly held up OK. The Blues missed Toeava.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Good stuff Reds. So many positives and a great way to head into the bye.

Shipperly is a gun. Very, very impressive

Some nice attitude in defence from Quade. Quade's goal kicking was also on song.

Digby went like the enijizer bunny tonight.

No ordinary players tonight. Credit to all of them.

Reactions: daz
T

TOCC

Beau Robinson had one of best games ive seen from him this season, an absolute terrier around the park and a defensive linchpin around the ruck.

Tapaui had a game which was a better reflection of his talent, if anything i think he underplayed his hand, a few times he made it through tackles but played the safety first option and went down anyway.

Shipperly had a great game when he came on(taking nothing away from Lucas), but Shipperly had a few moments sweeping across at fullback or wing where he got the Reds out of trouble.

Higgers was barnstorming in the first half, but was a lot quieter in the second half, as was the whole reds forward pack.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Not too upset with the loss strangely.....Kaino, Braid, Woodcock and Toeava would have had big impacts on the game....Toeava obviously won't be back but if the other 3 do get back in time for the last few games then the Blues are in with a great shot to take it all this year....

Crow

Jimmy Flynn (14)
It was very good to see QC (Quade Cooper) making decent tackles.
Now, if he could just work on his kicks in play.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
It was very good to see QC (Quade Cooper) making decent tackles.
Now, if he could just work on his kicks in play.

I think there were two occasions where he could have been one-on-one with Rene Ranger....I wish Ranger had been given the ball!!

Status
Not open for further replies.