• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds vs Blues, Suncorp Stadium, 2011R13

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

feed_me

Good crowd tonight, touch over 30,000.

Does anyone know, did link use the full bench tonight? Not sure if Chambers made it on, but think everyone else did?

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
wow. You're really prepared to call that now? Ballsy stuff. I mean, we're on top of the entire competition and have the bye next week.

Think I first called it when we beat NSW but a few Tahs fans got quite upset at the time. Should be fewer arguments now.

Chambers got on, made a half decent run but really he only had a couple of touches. Prior got a couple of minutes at the end but not sure if Shep got on the field.

Was it Tapuai that Kapalan called offside when Digby made the intercept that was called back?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Hanson came on Saia
AWH for Simmons
Schatz for Samo
Prior for Sanchez
Chambers for Diggers
Shipperley for Lucas

Shepherdson remained on the bench. Top effort by Dales and Slipps

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
Need to rewatch, but from where I was sitting I have no idea.

Why did Slipper keep getting pinged playing against two hookers?

A little worrying.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Need to rewatch, but from where I was sitting I have no idea.

Why did Slipper keep getting pinged playing against two hookers?

A little worrying.

From my armchair view point and the benefits of some lousy camera work (they didn't give a decent overhead or TH shot) it appear that Mealamu and both LHPs for the Blue targetted Slipper. Without a decent scrummaging hooker to assit him he was just folding. A telling shot was Fainga'a in a sitting position spun in the bind to face Slipper as the scrum stood up from on the penalties. As happened against England last year the combined efforts of the Hooker and LHP was splitting Fainga'a from Slipper in this case. He did better and didn't get completely detached. Take note of how solid the Reds scrum was with Hanson on there. The call for Link is to work on Hanson's throwing and get him to an acceptable limit or accept a weak scrum.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Really, I thought most of them came with Hanson on.

Definately need to rewatch.

Only on or two scrums with Hanson on and from memory all were completed. Remember the last scrums were with Fainga'a back on as Hanson left with blood from a head knock.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Sorry BR, it frankly just gives a number of us the shits the way you Kiwi fans have a subtly unpleasant habit of coming into these fora, critiquing our players and teams at great length, then when we convincingly beat you, there is zero graciousness and 'well played opposition', rather a bunch of 'if onlys' and inferences that it wasn't really a loss, it was an aberrant event caused by highly unusual factors that will surely not be repeated.

Bullrush has contributed well and without wingeing has given the Reds credit. I think you're seeing something that's not there. He adds good NZ input to the forum.

One of the most impressive things tonight was the way Shipperly and Tapuai came in and played really well, better than some of the regulars. They were not overawed and ran with skill and poise. Compare that to Kingston who came in, performed well and got dropped for Anesi!!! I think being prepared to give youngsters a go is something Link has developed since he left the Tahs, full credit to him.

Cutter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Sorry BR, it frankly just gives a number of us the shits the way you Kiwi fans have a subtly unpleasant habit of coming into these fora, critiquing our players and teams at great length, then when we convincingly beat you, there is zero graciousness and 'well played opposition', rather a bunch of 'if onlys' and inferences that it wasn't really a loss, it was an aberrant event caused by highly unusual factors that will surely not be repeated.

You're on your own there buddy.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Good to see Radike Samo getting back to his form of years ago with the Brumbies. Always enjoyed watching him play. The blokes got hands the size of dinner plates - I can still remember some storming runs down the line, ball in one hand looking a bit like a cricket ball, and the other hand putting the don't argue on on someone trying to tackle him.

Got to enjoy the work at No.8, with him just scooping up the ball one handed and feeding it back to Genia. Young Leroy seems to be struggling to get back in at the moment.

T

TOCC

Leroy has signed to play in France next year... ala Byrnes in 2010, Link will always lean toward the players who are remaining(Shatz, AWH) when it comes to selection.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Slipper was shafted by Kaplan when he was penalised in front of the sticks the penalty should have gone the other way.

Anyway great bonus point win back on top of the table with a much needed bye this week.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)

And that never happens between Reds' and Tahs' supporters when our respective teams lose to each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.