• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds v Waratahs, rd2 SR2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
it's close to 1, remember some games he throws 2. How he thinks that throwing an intercept is an acceptable mistake is beyond me, it's just about unforgivable yet he never seems to learn.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
qwerty, IMO they are not all equal,and it depends very much on the context of the game.
Last week, with nothing to lose and a bonus point to gain, it was no big deal.
However, if they are in front by 2 or 3 and he throws one in his half to lose the game.It's a different story.
I am hoping for the latter tomorrow night!

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
it's close to 1, remember some games he throws 2. How he thinks that throwing an intercept is an acceptable mistake is beyond me, it's just about unforgivable yet he never seems to learn.

A question Qwerty - Is an intercept pass the 'fault' of the passer or the good work of the interceptor?

Just asking cause I think it is the later more often than not, or at least a combination of the two.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Your dislike & criticism of anything to do with Queensland rugby is really becoming amusing.
It's actually his dislike and criticism of anything to do with Quade. But the intercept thing is probably worth exploring in terms of making sure that Aus Rugby is as strong as it can be, and this starts with selecting the BEST flyhalf.

So, obviously the key criteria for flyhalf quality is the amount of intercepts thrown per game. Using the stats page that Thierry Dusautoir mentioned earlier Quade is probably not our best option at 10. Foley at less than one per game is looking better, but if we want to get serious for a second we would realise that the chance of throwing an intercept grows for each pass thrown.

Hmmmmm....

We're going about this the wrong way. Who throws the least amount of passes? Probably those with the numbers 1 to 8 on thier backs. The closer to one the better (with the exception of Robinson). So we need to get the likes of Steve Moore playing flyhalf for the Wallabies. Then we can get rid of those now redundant backs and the game will be near perfect!

My god lads! I think we've got it!

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
always the passer.

Nah, I will have to disagree. In some cases the the player who takes the intercept works bloody hard to to get into a position where they can take the pass. Maybe you can blame to passer to a point because they should be seeing what is happening & therefore not throw the pass, but this is an unrealistic view of the world. It is the same as FTA and his defense. He can read the play well and therefore most of the time get himself in a position where he can complete those tackles that mean the attacking side is behind the gain line. Occasionally is does not come off.

If it was Barnes or Foley or any other fly half making the passes would you have the same harsh view? I would say not. Although I think that there is influences from both sides on the occurance of an intercept I get the feeling that your harsh assessment in this case is from your dislike of Quade. Do you take into account the number of passes that he makes every game that are accruate and not intercepted?

I have a feeling that we are not going to agree.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
ugh this is just basic observation. Quade throws intercepts way more often than any other 10. The fact he does it consistently at Test level is appalling because he never seems to learn

RWC vs Ireland in a massive match, vs Russia, might've been one against SA don't remember

think he threw 2 against Argentina

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
ugh this is just basic observation. Quade throws intercepts way more often than any other 10. The fact he does it consistently at Test level is appalling because he never seems to learn

RWC vs Ireland in a massive match, vs Russia, might've been one against SA don't remember

think he threw 2 against Argentina

5 Intercept passes = at least 1 intercept per game.

Now i might not be any big city lawyer..... but i think your statistics are slightly askew

Tommorow night Quade will lead us out of the proverbial desert and into the vallepromise land of beating the waratahs for two consecutive years

Status
Not open for further replies.