• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds v Waratahs, rd2 SR2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDA

Jim Lenehan (48)
I think there is some serious over estimating and under estimating happening here..although slipper didn't scrum to well in the international season he was playing out of position as LHP and at super level he is a very handy THP and proved he can anchor scrums against top opponents. He managed to hold his own well enough against Alexander and Moore last week who is a much more fearsome scrummaging combo then Ulugia and Robinson. So lets not write him off yet...

The difference in my view is you have a fresh Robinson coming on the field with 20 minutes to go, packing bown against Slipper who has been working his arse off, probably made 15 tackles but is beginning to tire. Both guys starting would be a different scenerio

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
They live without the constant stream of banter and witticisms that the twits live on. Eventually they find themselves in some kind of sports forum posting to themselves.

Or so I've heard.

P

Paradox

it's close to 1, remember some games he throws 2. How he thinks that throwing an intercept is an acceptable mistake is beyond me, it's just about unforgivable yet he never seems to learn.

Quade has also won a super rugby title and was probably the main reason for his team winning it. As you were.

Back to the game, looking forward to seeing Izzy. Looked awesome in trials. Will be interesting to see if the Tah inside backs play flatter.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
They live without the constant stream of banter and witticisms that the twits live on. Eventually they find themselves in some kind of sports forum posting to themselves.

Or so I've heard.
I prefer tweeter.
Although, I sometimes love the bass.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Your dislike & criticism of anything to do with Queensland rugby is really becoming amusing.
I would justify the never position on the basis that it shows a lack of judgment to throw one at any time. We all make errors of judgment.
I've seen Dan Carter throw one.
That says a lot to me.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
on't know but the halves being untried. They played last season togeter..
And if you want to talk about the untried halves pairing just look at the Reds 9/10 combo.
Tahs halves much more familiar with each other.

Played with each other since schoolboys level then have they?

Bessa

Ted Fahey (11)
Current status-
Tahs are undefeated and sitting in the top 6.
Reds yet to win a game and sitting on the very bottom of the table.......

as it should be.

(line has been cast, lets see if the fish are biting today)

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
well you were right

16. Ulugia
17. Robinson
18. Ryan
19. Chapman
20. Timani
21. Lucas
22. Volavola

Guessing they're going to really attack the Reds scrum. Glad to see Lucas there but I don't think he played much in the trials? Wasn't impressed by Hart.

Not sure the bench indicates the Tahs wanting to play an open style. Lucas looked good in the 7s, but I wasn't impressed with his play at the U20s, and think he might be a bit small to make it in S15.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
At least we don't have to resort to other teams rejects to make up the numbers, I note there are also a couple of those in the Tah starting line up. Also consider the fact that most of Qld's bit players will be tomorrow's stars & you'll realise the balance sways distinctly to the Reds favour.

Langthorne

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I prefer tweeter.
Although, I sometimes love the bass.

I usually go with "twats".

Anyway, back to the match - at last the build up is over and we can find out if there has really been a "cultural change" at the Waratahs. Hooper is a huge gain as he completes the pack. 9-10 is a bit of a worry, as is an untried 15. A good start would be not underestimating any opponent, beginning with this match.

Also, as far as I'm concerned, QC (Quade Cooper) is welcome to throw as many intercepts as he likes.

Reactions: gel
Status
Not open for further replies.