• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds v Waratahs, rd2 SR2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Well no I don't think they prefer a wet track, all the talk is the expansive way they want to play and their back 3 will want the ball.

I wonder if McKibbin or Foley will kick for the Tahs. That could be an issue, goal kicking.

McKibbin is a fairly accomplished goal kicker - he used to kick for Brothers in Brisbane

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
My match ups:
Harris 15 Folau

I guess it comes down to your criteria, but I can't see how anyone can rate a guy who's never played S15 over a Wallaby. Of course after 80 mins we may well be looking at the next Wallaby fullback but the Tahs may well be looking for another option for their 15. The thing is, no one knows how he'll go so you can't give him the edge surely.

I do freely admit though, that my excitement for this weekend has well and truly hit fever pitch and I am getting quite edgy. My posts are probably suffering and I'm sorry to say, they're probably only going to get worse from here on in! :confused: Lol!

Go REDS!!!

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
I'll give you the tip - Anae will come out comfortably on top of Ryan, as long as Slipper can find a way to hold Robinson.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I think there is some serious over estimating and under estimating happening here......although slipper didn't scrum to well in the international season he was playing out of position as LHP and at super level he is a very handy THP and proved he can anchor scrums against top opponents. He managed to hold his own well enough against Alexander and Moore last week who is a much more fearsome scrummaging combo then Ulugia and Robinson. So lets not write him off yet.....

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Forward battle will be tough and uncompromising but I think the Reds superior fitness (at this stage of the season) will get over the big big Tahs from 30-40 in the first half and 50-65 in the second. Once robbo enters the fray and other replacement the tempo of the Tahs will be good. Folau may be essentially untested but the fellow is a footballer with immense talent - big, strong, fast and willing to hit the line at pace. Containing him may well be the difference between the sides.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Folau may be essentially untested but the fellow is a footballer with immense talent - big, strong, fast and willing to hit the line at pace. Containing him may well be the difference between the sides.

No doubt at all. But you also just described SBW and look how long it took him to transform from a "footballer with immense talent" to a "Rugby player with immense talent".

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Com'n fellas, where's the MONGREL amongst the fans.
For a starter, the Waratahs forwards might be big, but they're really a mob of powder puffs.
A few hard tackles will sort them out and make them wish they were south of the Tweed.
Their halves are untried together and will drop more ball than a Kiwi cricketer at slips.
And as for their new fullback, playing his first competitive game of rugby, a few up & unders with a forward pack charging down on him will make him think a league game is like a picnic.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
For a starter, the Waratahs forwards might be big, but they're really a mob of powder puffs.
A few hard tackles will sort them out and make them wish they were south of the Tweed.
Their halves are untried together and will drop more ball than a Kiwi cricketer at slips.
And as for their new fullback, playing his first competitive game of rugby, a few up & unders with a forward pack charging down on him will make him think a league game is like a picnic.

What a load of crap.

New Zealand has had some excellent slips fielders. Stephen Fleming was terrific.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
It will definitley be an interesting game, with the Waratahs experimental line-up to spice things up.....I am not sure why the Waratahs have selected Sitaleki Timani at lock, as he is a renowned and experienced international centre. Seems liek a waste to have such a tactically astute rugby player playing out of position when he is such devastating player when lingering on the wings waiting to impose his pace and flair on the game.
Perhaps Cheika feels his forward pack is strong enough, that they can play a man down so that the Team can use Timani to inject extra exhuberence into the already flamboyant midfield of Carter and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper).......
Cheika you wiley bastard..what are you up to

Bessa

Ted Fahey (11)
It will definitley be an interesting game, with the Waratahs experimental line-up to spice things up...I am not sure why the Waratahs have selected Sitaleki Timani at lock, as he is a renowned and experienced international centre. Seems liek a waste to have such a tactically astute rugby player playing out of position when he is such devastating player when lingering on the wings waiting to impose his pace and flair on the game.
Perhaps Cheika feels his forward pack is strong enough, that they can play a man down so that the Team can use Timani to inject extra exhuberence into the already flamboyant midfield of Carter and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)...
Cheika you wiley bastard..what are you up to
I thought Siti had an outstanding season the Wallabies last year. He came back from his stint in Japan wit a much higher workrate. If was a Reds fan, I'd be more concerned with Simmons. He is the laziest man in the combied matchday 44.

Bessa

Ted Fahey (11)
on't know but the halves being untried. They played last season togeter....
And if you want to talk about the untried halves pairing just look at the Reds 9/10 combo.
Tahs halves much more familiar with each other.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
The reason I am pessimistic for the Reds is the loss of Horwill, who is the best lock in Aus and head and shoulders better than his replacement, and Genia, who is the best halfback in Aus and head and shoulders better than his replacement.

Combine that with the loss of the backline defensive lynchpin (A. Finger), and the loss of two matchday flankers (Samo and Beau Robinson), plus the loss of the 4th string lock (McDuling) who would've come into the 22 for Horwill, plus prop Daley and things are looking not great from the start.

There's not much difference between the Tahs and Reds normally, but with those losses the Reds will struggle. The same went last week and why I tipped the Brumbies to beat the Reds then too.

The Tahs, in comparison, have lost Barnes and Horne and Betham. (And Turner?) Whilst they are losses, they are not nearly as integral to the team as Horwill and Genia are to the Reds and the Tahs have covered those losses better.

The two advantages the Reds do have is that they have a real game under their belt and they are playing at home. I am hopeful that this will be enough to get them over the line in my heart, but my head says the Tahs in a close one.

T

tranquility

on't know but the halves being untried. They played last season togeter..
And if you want to talk about the untried halves pairing just look at the Reds 9/10 combo.

Our halves are the least of my concerns.

T

tranquility

The reason I am pessimistic for the Reds is the loss of Horwill, who is the best lock in Aus and head and shoulders better than his replacement, and Genia, who is the best halfback in Aus and head and shoulders better than his replacement.

Combine that with the loss of the backline defensive lynchpin (A. Finger), and the loss of two matchday flankers (Samo and Beau Robinson), plus the loss of the 4th string lock (McDuling) who would've come into the 22 for Horwill, plus prop Daley and things are looking not great from the start.

There's not much difference between the Tahs and Reds normally, but with those losses the Reds will struggle. The same went last week and why I tipped the Brumbies to beat the Reds then too.

The Tahs, in comparison, have lost Barnes and Horne and Betham. (And Turner?) Whilst they are losses, they are not nearly as integral to the team as Horwill and Genia are to the Reds and the Tahs have covered those losses better.

The two advantages the Reds do have is that they have a real game under their belt and they are playing at home. I am hopeful that this will be enough to get them over the line in my heart, but my head says the Tahs in a close one.

Back the lads who are in there, supported by the banana-benders drowned in rumbos, on the fastest track in the land. Quirk and Gill to outpoint Hooper and Dennis.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
on't know but the halves being untried. They played last season togeter..

Don't know if you're fishing or serious, but either way you'd be wrong with a Lucas - Cooper pairing vs a McKibbon - Foley pairing.

Here's a hint: go back a couple of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.