• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds v Waratahs, rd2 SR2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
I think there is some serious over estimating and under estimating happening here..although slipper didn't scrum to well in the international season he was playing out of position as LHP and at super level he is a very handy THP and proved he can anchor scrums against top opponents. He managed to hold his own well enough against Alexander and Moore last week who is a much more fearsome scrummaging combo then Ulugia and Robinson. So lets not write him off yet...

I'll have to disagree with you there. John Ulugia is regarded as one of the prime scrummagers in Australian Rugby and can definitely match it with the likes of Moore just ask his club teammate Dan Palmer.

I also think many will be surprised with Tilse at scrum time, his pre season form has been second to none and after a long stint behind Robinson at the helm he will be ready to impress.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
As a Brumbies supporter Slim, I don't think you should start!

And just for your info...... it's called banter. I really don't take the part you bolded seriously in this era. :-l

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
It's a beautiful day at moment, hope it stays like this. Weather reports still saying rain for the evening though.

P

Paradox

Would love to see Folau at 13 and do well. Problem position for Ws. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) has done well but isn't the attacking force of a few years ago.

Bessa

Ted Fahey (11)
At least we don't have to resort to other teams rejects to make up the numbers, I note there are also a couple of those in the Tah starting line up. Also consider the fact that most of Qld's bit players will be tomorrow's stars & you'll realise the balance sways distinctly to the Reds favour.
I seem to recall the Fiangaa's and AWH both playnig for the Brumbies until they were let go....
And didn't Mike Harris have a playing contract with Aukland before they cut him loose because they didn;t think he was up to Super Rugby level?
Nice you have all these "stars of tomorrow', maybe you can win a game sometime in the future. But not tonight, sir.

Tah's by 20

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
It will be a riveting game.

Is Cheika really a wunderkind coach or just more preseason nsw hype? How will Folau go? Foley? Can Schatz step up? Tilse? How will CFS go? Mitchell? Gill/Hooper? Will Simmons explode? Taps vs TC. Lucas v McKibbin?

And the burning question all Wallabies fans want answered and all kiwi fans already think they know the answer to - can Cooper handle hardcore pressure in 2013 after meltdowns in '11 and '12?

Me? I think the answer is yes/very good to all those Q's though Cooper will be in the doghouse to me a whiles yet.

It will be a firecracker of a game, go Tahs. And good luck TC.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
And the burning question all Wallabies fans want answered and all kiwi fans already think they know the answer to - can Cooper handle hardcore pressure in 2013 after meltdowns in '11 and '12?

Me? I think the answer is yes/very good to all those Q's though Cooper will be in the doghouse to me a whiles yet.
'cept Lang Park is going to be the least pressured place to confront any of his demons

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
I seem to recall the Fiangaa's and AWH both playnig for the Brumbies until they were let go..
And didn't Mike Harris have a playing contract with Aukland before they cut him loose because they didn;t think he was up to Super Rugby level?
Nice you have all these "stars of tomorrow', maybe you can win a game sometime in the future. But not tonight, sir.

Tah's by 20

Hahaha, I'll give you Fainga'a's, though the Brumbies were keen to keep one of the twins. AWH, went to the Brumbies for opportunity, from Qld, cos we always have an abundance of talent at lock.... so he's just come home to his rightful province ;-). And Aucklands loss is our gain.
We have the stars of today, have done for three seasons now, your so called bit players, my stars of tomorrow, are filling in for the injured. They'll be up for the challenge tonight. Tah's off to a losing start :-D

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Just a possibility of a late shower tonight, hopefully doesn't materialise till around 8:30 real time.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Hahaha, I'll give you Fainga'a's, though the Brumbies were keen to keep one of the twins. AWH, went to the Brumbies for opportunity, from Qld, cos we always have an abundance of talent at lock.. so he's just come home to his rightful province ;-). And Aucklands loss is our gain.
We have the stars of today, have done for three seasons now, your so called bit players, my stars of tomorrow, are filling in for the injured. They'll be up for the challenge tonight. Tah's off to a losing start :-D
AWH is born and raised in WA just so you know...

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
FFS. The Tahs are making easy metres up the middle but just pushed too many passes off the ground. They need to find the balance between keeping the ball alive and laying the platform to attack off the next phase with front foot ball.

P

Paradox

Great hands Reds. Tahs dropping off tackles. Great step from the beast. Tahs giving away the breakdown? Quade playing well.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Folau learning the 15 man code the hard way so far in this game. Reds have looked really good. But Tahs pushing the offloads is gifting possession and breaks to the Reds. Tahs need to to get some reward for their possession and territory but there will be plenty more mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.