• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds v Waratahs Rd 18 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I thought Mark Ella's preview summed it up. It was won and loss in the halves. I thought Hart was terrible. Chased conversions well but everything else was very poor. And Foley. My my. Has the boot of a 10 year old. Put his team under constant pressure with poor kicking. All up the Tah performance was all a bit of a rabble.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
What the hell Faainga doing on that play?!? Looked like he just went for. a a big shoulder on a prone TPN..looked pretty ugly to me
I noticed that too Bullrush, surprised it didn't raise more comment, looked like Finger had a touch of the Richard Loe, thought it was one of filthiest shots I seen for a while. I maybe proved wrong when I see replay but my first reaction was Geez filthy bastard, he'll cop a bit for that.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
The answer to "try or no try" from the TMO could have been "try" as in Penalty Try.

Time to review the use of the TMO and the communication protocols. This is not the first occasion where better protocols would have resulted in different (and possibly more correct) rulings.
Personally, I didn't see anything wrong in the no try decision...
do you guys think there was room for the view that it was dangerous play?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Not in this case.

If he'd dived for the ball/been on the ground then I would say possibly.......

Reactions: BPC

Scotty

David Codey (61)
I thought Mark Ella's preview summed it up. It was won and loss in the halves. I thought Hart was terrible. Chased conversions well but everything else was very poor. And Foley. My my. Has the boot of a 10 year old. Put his team under constant pressure with poor kicking. All up the Tah performance was all a bit of a rabble.

The tahs almost always lose it in the halves. However in this game there are plenty you could blame. I thought the reds were pretty average in their execution, just good in their energy and intent.

The tahs on the other hand were truly terrible. Mistakes gifting tries, inability to hold onto the ball in good attacking situations. Just bad bad bad - particularly in the 2nd half.

Reactions: BPC

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)

Hart was beyond rubbish. He was dreadful. When both your halves cant kick a ball more han 10ft to relive pressure, it's going to be a long day.

And lets say a word for TPN who was responsible for two of the three Reds tries. If he never plays in a Blue or Gold shirt again, I will not shed a tear, He cannot do the basics consistently. He's great with his flying hits with his head, and his technically poor tackling but he is rubbish at the basics. Good riddance.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
The tahs almost always lose it in the halves. However in this game there are plenty you could blame. I thought the reds were pretty average in their execution, just good in their energy and intent.

The tahs on the other hand were truly terrible. Mistakes gifting tries, inability to hold onto the ball in good attacking situations. Just bad bad bad - particularly in the 2nd half.

I didn't watch the game live and from the comments here i was expecting a showing the replay did not live up to. Plenty to work on but i suspect it was just the game they were trying to take to the Tahs and not signs of fundamental issues. Expecting a more polished performance this week with the BP not an issue.

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
I noticed that too Bullrush, surprised it didn't raise more comment, looked like Finger had a touch of the Richard Loe, thought it was one of filthiest shots I seen for a while. I maybe proved wrong when I see replay but my first reaction was Geez filthy bastard, he'll cop a bit for that.

My reaction exactly. I wanted TPN off that field because he is rubbish, but not that way.

W

What2040

Fantastic win by Reds. They came to play in the first minutes.

IMO
TPN is terrible - I thought he really had improved but no. Only good thing about TPN is his scrummaging. Moore should start in Wallbies and Saaia the benchie.
Slipper is irrefutably the best prop in country - stick him on either side - Reds scrum only under real pressure when Daley replaces Holmes.
Schatz playing the house down and should be in wallaby 30.
QC (Quade Cooper) just gives the Reds options and keeps other teams guessing.
Shipperly should get a spot in Wallbies. Mitchell still seems a bit tentative (although congrats on his 100).
Genia still not playing to ability - classic was his clearing kick getting charged down. Frigging lucky not to be a try to Tahs and game could of changed at that point.

Reds just had that "will to win", play as a bunch of mates whereas the Tahs, whilst full of talented players just won't put in, for their mates or their state. Hopefully Tahs will turn it around in 2013 - their fans deserve it - others on this site have much more knowledge than me on how they do that and i bow to that but Aust needs the Tahs AND Reds to be performing well. (forgetting tribal shit for a minute).

GO THE REDS

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
That Slipper try wasn't a poor throw from TPN. It looked spot on, Mumm got a poor lift and didn't get high enough, he was off balance and didn't get his body upright to get the required height.

W

What2040

Tahs reportedly had a 'dominant' scrum all year - only 1 facet of a multi faceted game - how many games did the Tahs win on the back of their 'domination" ???????????????? funny as

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Tahs reportedly had a 'dominant' scrum all year - only 1 facet of a multi faceted game - how many games did the Tahs win on the back of their 'domination" ???????????????? funny as

With a back line incapable of scoring points, I would say the ability (domination is a word I don't think any Australian team can claim) of the Tahs pack kept the team in contests that other Australian teams packs wouldn't have been able to achieve. But each their own.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Happy Days! Agree with others who say it wasn't the most polished performance from the Reds but the intent and belief was there in spades. I never felt at any time that the game was going to be lost. Have to say that the Tah's looked really underwhelming, don't know what it is about them this year?

My thoughts at the start of the season was that it would be a succcessful one if the Reds made the playoffs so big tick in that box. Anything else from here on in will be a bonus for mine, and lets hope that starts next weekend!

Rugbyrugbyrugby

Frank Row (1)

Were you watching the same game? Yes Hart's kicking was off but his delivery was a massive upgrade on Mckibbin and Pretorius. Put his runners in good position with time to hit the line. I don't think you have any great understanding of scrum half play or backline play in general. Hart is an upgrade on the two guys who have delivered such great results for the Tahs throughout the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.