• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds v Waratahs Rd 18 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl

Bill McLean (32)
That was a great game to be at with a mate and my sons.

So based on some comments in here, is there more than a mathematical chance of the Reds making the finals now?

Richo

John Thornett (49)
That was a great game to be at with a mate and my sons.

So based on some comments in here, is there more than a mathematical chance of the Reds making the finals now?

Well, they just won the Aussie conference. So yes.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
My seat was pretty high and the Tahs were warming up on the opposite side from me, so I had issues identifying some of their players. There was this one guy warming up with a heavily strapped knee and he could barely run. As he warmed up it got better but it was clear that he was carrying a bad knock.

Was surprised when they ran out and it was Barnes. He was clearly hampered the whole game. I wonder if he even should have been playing.

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
My seat was pretty high and the Tahs were warming up on the opposite side from me, so I had issues identifying some of their players. There was this one guy warming up with a heavily strapped knee and he could barely run. As he warmed up it got better but it was clear that he was carrying a bad knock.

Was surprised when they ran out and it was Barnes. He was clearly hampered the whole game. I wonder if he even should have been playing.
It appeared that way on TV too.
Barnes probably felt an obligation to play but let's hope he's not too wounded.
He looked very crook from the Cooper shot but then looked OK after the game talking to ...........Cooper!
Gotta love rugby eh.

T

TOCC

I found it interesting that at halftime Genia was chalked up for 0 runs... However after halftime he ran 4 times and 2 line breaks, 1 try assist and 1 try.. Targeting the tiring Waratahs forwards perhaps?

But i think the most damming statistic for the Waratahs was that they missed 37%(72/27) of their tackles as opposed to the Reds 10%(96/10)

flat_eric

Alfred Walker (16)
Fuck we are woeful

troll-face-meme-gif-6710.gif

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
With this forum dominated by tahs and mods that support the same losing team. It was pleasure to watch the tahs get fucked over tonight. Win or lose next weeks the Reds deserve to be where they are. Might be a young team BUT KNOWS WHEN TO WIN THE BIG GAMES.

WE ARE RED.

T

TOCC

With this forum dominated by tahs and mods that support the same losing team. It was pleasure to watch the tahs get fucked over tonight.Win or lose next weeks the Reds deserve to be where they are. Might be a young team BUT KNOWS WHEN TO WIN THE BIG GAMES.

WE ARE RED.

Time to remove that chip from your shoulder, comments like this don't help anything...

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
With this forum dominated by tahs and mods that support the same losing team. It was pleasure to watch the tahs get fucked over tonight. Win or lose next weeks the Reds deserve to be where they are. Might be a young team BUT KNOWS WHEN TO WIN THE BIG GAMES.

WE ARE RED.

I believe your trying to justify the reds being were they are when I can't recall anyone questioning if they deserve to be there. Your defending champions, your a proven team, surely acting like your team is a little brother overcoming the odds of oppression is out of place now.

It was a good win, why you can't enjoy it as such without the use of vulgarity and personal assassination of players is a little strange.

The reds season, if Quade isn't rubbed out should continue beyond next week, the playing roster and ability there is one of a team that should be challenging to retain its title not be happy with making the finals.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Semi-Final permutations.....

Code:
Winners:  RED & CRU   RED & BUL   SHA & CRU   SHA & BUL   
--------------------------------------------------------
SF1.      STO v CRU   STO v BUL   STO v SHA   STO v SHA
SF2.      CHI v RED   CHI v RED   CHI v CRU   CHI v BUL

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
The Alcock non try has me worried: I dont want to see blokes flying in feet first as Billy slater used to in the desperate hope of saving a try. I thought the TMO was hinting in the way he answered Steve Walsh Jr (by giving him an account of what actually happened - rather than saying "yes" or "no" to the question, which was "try or no try") that there was room for something other than a 22 restart.
The something other was a penalty try for dangerous play by Shipperly in kicking the ball while it was being carried by an opponent.
TPN's defensive error for the first try was impossible to explain away: 2 men on his inside to help him so he goes for an intercept........might have made no difference (except to my sanity) but it was just so brainless.

Thin Thighs

Ted Fahey (11)
The answer to "try or no try" from the TMO could have been "try" as in Penalty Try.

Time to review the use of the TMO and the communication protocols. This is not the first occasion where better protocols would have resulted in different (and possibly more correct) rulings.

Status
Not open for further replies.