• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds v Rebels, Sat May 17 @ 7:40

Status
Not open for further replies.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Your plan for watching the game sounds delightful and a fair upgrade from mine.

In amongst trying to convince the younglings that it is really bedtime, explaining all the rules/decisions to mrs oz in detail, removing the 20kg 'lap dog' from my prized position on the couch and hoping foxtel play holds out I typically have an interesting time watching my football.

On the plus side the eldest at least watches the first half with me (not bad for a 7yo Mexican) and there WILL be eye fillet and beer involved in my viewing.

Still, a spa sounds like a very civil thing to do. Unless you go to the match. @kevino we expect many drunken updates on GAGR throughout the match.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Your plan for watching the plan sounds delightful and a fair upgrade from mine.

In amongst trying to convince the younglings that it is really bedtime, explaining all the rules/decisions to mrs oz in detail, removing the 20kg 'lap dog' from my prized position on the couch and hoping foxtel play holds out I typically have an interesting time watching my football.

On the plus side the eldest at least watches the first half with me (not bad for a 7yo Mexican) and there WILL be eye fillet and beer involved in my viewing.

Still, a spa sounds like a very civil thing to do. Unless you go to the match. @kevino we expect many drunken updates on GAGR throughout the match.
I'll try, might be a bit distracted watching us win.

Sent from my LG-E975K using Tapatalk

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
If Jack Debreczeni gets on the paddock you'll hear the cheering all the way from the beautiful Blue Mountains, another West Junior Rugby product hits the big time.

Go get 'em, Jack.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Guys I just want too point out one thing that's been missed in the hair pulling and chest beating on here since the Crusaders game.
The Reds went completely missing for one quarter of the game. Of the other three they won two and drew the other.
I actually thought they played some of their best rugby this year in that game. And to comeback and win the last quarter after being smashed in the third took a lot of heart.
The Reds Can win this if they can put an entire match together and they don't read the sport reports.
It all depends on their reaction to that horror quarter.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Bit late but you were playing the saders as well who on form are the team to beat they pasted the Brumbies too..

Sent from my HTC_0P6A1 using Tapatalk

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
So I have converted a Irish mate living into Brisbane into a Rebels fan for the weekend, bringing a spare Rebels jersey to make sure of it.

Can't wait for this one now, been planned for a long time and actually in with a chance if we can put at least 60 minutes together.

First 20 minutes will decide this one.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
So I have converted a Irish mate living into Brisbane into a Rebels fan for the weekend, bringing a spare Rebels jersey to make sure of it..

Got another spare, I have a feeling I maybe wanting to wear one.

Reactions: Tex

EatSleepDrinkRuck

Larry Dwyer (12)
Tipping prediction

Rebels by 32 points.

Simmonds will incur 12 penalties and a red card

Quade will try so hard that he actually shits his pants

Genia will only have 3 box-kicks but they'll be so god-awful it will feel like he took 30

Reactions: Tex

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Plus one of those box kicks will be 5m from reds try line and get charged down and Rebs will gets a try

D

daz

Genuine question to my Reds mates - If the Reds lose this game and potentially end up on the bottom of the Oz conference, what are the odds of RG surviving to next year?

And who would be a suitable replacement?

D

daz

genuine answer, none of us are in a position to answer that.

You are being disingenuous Reg. Answering questions like this without being in a position to answer them is what we do.

It's called having an opinion and prognosticating a potential future outcome.

Otherwise, the Robbie Deans and Quade Cooper threads from times past would have folded after 3 posts, not the 300 pages we ended up with.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
but you asked a "genuine question" I would feel bad if I did not give you a "genuine answer" which mine was. None of us have any say on whether Richard stays or goes.

We can speculate and pontificate all we want, but it means bugger all in the end, as we have no say. And, in all honesty, it gets a might boring reading the same old stuff over and over again.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Did you see Rugby HQ last night? I fair wet myself at the thought of Mitch, Tamati Ellison and Tom English carving through the Taps/Ant channel.

We've been ahead at half time not gone on to win plenty of times this year. The real question is how do we change the rules to make rugby a 40 minute game before Saturday night?

That or forbid Woody from giving whatever it is his demotivating half time speech must be.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Daz, someone with a greater knowledge of the workings of the QRU than I, told me that RG is safe whilst Jim Carmichael is the CEO! Great mates, apparently. We may soon get a chance to see how strong that friendship is!

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
@daz if this section from a The Roar article is correct it my be awhile unfortunately.

"Rumours arose that Graham’s friendship with Reds chairman and former teammate Rod McCall was a key factor in the signing of the deal."

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
maybe so biggsy but I reckon Slaughter's friendship may take second place to the interests of the Reds, particularly in light of the teams 2014 results.

Personally I think RG will be there in 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.