• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds v Rebels, Sat May 17 @ 7:40

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Slightly off topic, but following on from one of my previous comments:
Richo returned my crowbar today and offered the following:
1. If the Reds employ JOC (James O'Connor), they should train him for, and play him at #12.
2. Don't buy K Hunt, as his body is broken!
3. Reds to beat the Rebels!
You know it makes sense, I'm Mr Doug.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
No it won't. No game was ever won and lost at lock.

Flyhalf perhaps. Open side flanker maybe. Not lock.

That will be a great contest. But it won't decide it.

Sorry to disagree but Wallabies V Lions 3rd test. Justin Harrison steals two successive Lions throws.

Willie O (Ok not a lock but took the throw) 1991 RWC final

sorry just had to throw that in because I am a disagreeable Bill Shorten.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Sorry to disagree but Wallabies V Lions 3rd test. Justin Harrison steals two successive Lions throws.

Willie O (Ok not a lock but took the throw) 1991 RWC final

sorry just had to throw that in because I am a disagreeable Bill Shorten.

Those are isolated moments that totally disregard the other players who contributed in the match.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Those are isolated moments that totally disregard the other players who contributed in the match.
If QC (Quade Cooper) cuts four players to put the winger in the corner,to hit the lead.at full time.
Everyone says he won them the game.
What's the difference?

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
If QC (Quade Cooper) cuts four players to put the winger in the corner,to hit the lead.at full time.
Everyone says he won them the game.
What's the difference?

What's more likely to happen is James Slipper takes an intercept pass on the try line, runs the full length of the field, fends off 8 tackles on the way, grubbed in the last 10m that totally bamboozles woody and he scores under the sticks. For good measure he converts the try to seal the game. 5 blokes and a crane are required to lift him off the ground into a waiting bath of beer in the sheds.

But then again, that's just fantasy. I always bet on Rebels. Close, but a win. If the do, I fear the riot squad will be required in Caxton street to: deal with revelling Rebels fans trying to drink it dry and, the reds fans trying to tear the place down.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
What's more likely to happen is James Slipper takes an intercept pass on the try line, runs the full length of the field, fends off 8 tackles on the way, grubbed in the last 10m that totally bamboozles woody and he scores under the sticks. For good measure he converts the try to seal the game. 5 blokes and a crane are required to lift him off the ground into a waiting bath of beer in the sheds.

This is the same James Slipper that's suspended for this match? Now I know you're dreaming!

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
4 phone calls before 12 from reds members asking if I know anyone who wants spare tickets. Can't even give them away at the moment....

Has the down fall from members already started before the end season

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
but you asked a "genuine question" I would feel bad if I did not give you a "genuine answer" which mine was. None of us have any say on whether Richard stays or goes.

We can speculate and pontificate all we want, but it means bugger all in the end, as we have no say. And, in all honesty, it gets a might boring reading the same old stuff over and over again.

RG will definitely stay on

Signed
RG

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Tough one to pick. I've tipped the Reds, not for any analytical reasons, but just 'cos, although I reckon the Rebels are a real shot. I hope it's a good game.

Status
Not open for further replies.