• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds v Highlanders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
So does he get 3 weeks as well? How wasn't this a yellow card. It was worse then pococks as he actually used 2 arms to try and sink a choke in.

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk
a701898478a699c1b5e4bfb555468619.jpg

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
This win was a long time coming, the last time my boy and I watched the Reds win live was in 2013. I thought I was cursed over the last 2 years when we won just the very few games I was not at Suncorp for.

Reactions: gel

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
This reminds of pocock's neck roll compared to tonight's one.
23A5AD8E-B50F-4E24-A3A8-E4094C0ACE58_zpsgdupawzf.jpg

6 weeks rest for sure...

Let wait to see how good the apology is

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Great first half from the Reds. And kudos for revisiting their old gameplan in the second. Practise makes perfect! But seriously, it's good to see some Aussie backs showing some blockbusting form at last.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
The best Reds performance of the year so far. Congratulations! This is the right attitude. Some personal mistakes (Greene, Frisby & Chris FS ) almost lost the game but well done, boys

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
To put it diplomatically, ref Glen Jackson's "just play on" style was "expressed" to the nth degree tonight. "Let the players sort of out , yeah knock on there, let it go, make up call for the one I let go just before, oops 6 inches offside, better call that one up just to keep them honest"... then let's everyone play offside for the next 3 minutes

Vintage Jacko:rolleyes:

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
That was a bloody good first half from the Reds, I thought Gill had a huge one. By geez thought the Clan played like they were tired for much of the game, seemed to be no zip!! Anyway a good win for Reds, will do the game good around the area. It is one of the beauties of sport, there no guaranteed winners!!!

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Great first half from the Reds. And kudos for revisiting their old gameplan in the second. Practise makes perfect! But seriously, it's good to see some Aussie backs showing some blockbusting form at last.

Yes positives the first half...(where played positive attacking rugby) the negatives the second half (where deserted what they did in first half and almost went back to the reds we know for first 6 rounds)....

But yes great to see more natural attacking flair being resorted to - not over complicated playbooks. Just reinforced me to me how badly coached Reds were, which not enabling players like Kerevi to finally show their true potential. Nabuli also plays continually that sort of game might be good shot for wallabies as wing stocks hardly locked down for wallabies at the moment. Whilst Hunt also played for my mind one of best games yet, although playing at 15 must hurt his chance of any wallabies selection.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Yes positives the first half.(where played positive attacking rugby) the negatives the second half (where deserted what they did in first half and almost went back to the reds we know for first 6 rounds)..

But yes great to see more natural attacking flair being resorted to - not over complicated playbooks. Just reinforced me to me how badly coached Reds were, which not enabling players like Kerevi to finally show their true potential. Nabuli also plays continually that sort of game might be good shot for wallabies as wing stocks hardly locked down for wallabies at the moment. Whilst Hunt also played for my mind one of best games yet, although playing at 15 must hurt his chance of any wallabies selection.
The support running was a revelation, we'll win a few more if we keep doing it. I love seeing the short passes to support players in rugby.

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
The support running was a revelation, we'll win a few more if we keep doing it. I love seeing the short passes to support players in rugby.
Looked so good didn't it. The thing is, you can't tell me the players suddenly developed that ability in the last 2 or even 5 weeks. They've obviously had that capacity and credit to the coaches for bringing it out.

Now for more of the same, for 80 minutes.

T

TOCC

Attacking structure was completely different last night, McIntyre standing a lot more flat and just behind the forward pods. A fair bit of decision making was transferred onto Frisby and in the first half he did it really well.. It fell apart in the second half a bit with forwards getting fatigued.

Two weeks ago it looked as though Nabuli and Kerevi had never even met each other before running into the field, with poor interchange between the two and terrible passing. Last night they were playing like the Fijian Seven's team with offloads and flick passes sticking when they shouldn't. Massive improvement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
I thought the same thing, and then I remembered who the refereee was;)
I actually rewound it and took the photos thinking it wasn't the going to be picked up. Hopefully this should shut the kiwis who said how bad it was and they wouldnever do it new Zealand up

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Team effort I know but would love to see what K Hunt did on a highlights reel.

he was electric alright. very alert. Maybe tanked up on Red Bulls or some sort of "energy substance" haha lets not beat about the bush any more, I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT ITS LIKE TO PLAY RUGBY WHILE SKY-HIGH ON LIQUID CRACK COCAINE

not insinuating anything mind you.

has a goddamn cracking sidestep, huge, reminiscent of Rua Tipoki or Orene A'i in their primes. Red's Jersey Salesman has shit show of getting a run now.

Status
Not open for further replies.