• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds v Highlanders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sword of Justice

Trevor Allan (34)
Was at the game, an incredible feeling.

While we still made a huge number of errors and lazy/stupid penalties, the Queensland brand of beautiful pure rugby was certainly on show. Definitely a base to build from.

Fitness looks to be a massive problem. Just about the whole team had hands on knees from the 30 minute mark.

Sword of Justice

Trevor Allan (34)
At the stadium I thought referee Jackson was trying his best to let the Highlanders back in it, especially around the ruck and offside line, but a day later I can admit that we got very lucky in parts as well.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Ha Ha. The missus has said that I am not allowed to talk up the Highlanders before or during a game anymore. She says I jinx them. I think she may be on to something.
Apropos of nothing, I find it curious how different folks avatar pics can affect the way I interpret what they write. Eg someone with an angry looking avatar I might read as more confrontational than perhaps they intended etc.
Having said that, I'm not really sure what this means, but Teach, I think you should go back to the picture of you fishing sans pants. Righto then.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Apropos of nothing, I find it curious how different folks avatar pics can affect the way I interpret what they write. Eg someone with an angry looking avatar I might read as more confrontational than perhaps they intended etc.
Having said that, I'm not really sure what this means, but Teach, I think you should go back to the picture of you fishing sans pants. Righto then.

ha, I remmeber that one, from when he found a fish in the long grass and went ahead and called it "fishing".

I have no issues with his current shot of Mccaw leading the troops, but if he wants to lend more of a rugby expert gravitas to his posts it would make sense to go with this:

dpskeptics_zps4faf39b7.jpg

Realistically though, he should just be done with it and go with his current passport photo:

kid.gif

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
ha, I remmeber that one, from when he found a fish in the long grass and went ahead and called it "fishing".

I have no issues with his current shot of Mccaw leading the troops, but if he wants to lend more of a rugby expert gravitas to his posts it would make sense to go with this:

Realistically though, he should just be done with it and go with his current passport photo:

kid.gif

'cos that passport photo NEVER gets you a cavity search. :D

teach

Trevor Allan (34)

Why do you want a picture of me without pants on?

teach

Trevor Allan (34)

kid.gif

Nah. Puzzled as I am that a Reds Highlanders forum is showing an inordinate amount of interest in pictures of me, with out without pants on, I have changed my avatar. Taken at school and edited by students. Arrgh! I am the Pirate King!

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Worth noting the difference was the field goal in the first half. Missed field goal chances cost them games earlier in the year and tonite was the thing that won it for them.
I am quite a fan of field goals especially when you have multiple phases 20m from the line but cant penetrate which occurs a lot with the reds.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Well done Reds.
First half great second not so great.

Kerevi, Hunt and Gill were huge.

What was the difference between this week and previous couple of games. - Composure and confidence.

Slipper and Gill bring that - both lift players around them.

Exciting game to watch live at Suncorp.

The thing I loved was the standing ovation of the diehard fans at half and full time. Nothing would make the boys prouder.

Hope the momentum continues in Africa.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Why do you want a picture of me without pants on?

It's not so much the lack of pants...... Uh? ...... I mean, the pants or lack thereof was a descriptor for the photo...... ummm ...... This doesn't have to be awkward..... erm...... does it?

dru

Tim Horan (67)
It's taken a while for my blood pressure to drop. Woo-hoo boys!

The thing I loved was the standing ovation of the diehard fans at half and full time. Nothing would make the boys prouder.

Hope the momentum continues in Africa.

Still cant wipe the grin from my face over the standing ovation. Was anyone predicting we would see that this season?

Keep it rolling boys, you'll take the set piece from the Bulls and if we can keep this going should make life very interesting.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.