• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds v Highlanders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
What happens to Nabuli? He can't finish his opportunities. He looks more stronger than he really is? I'm not sure. He has had many chances and he couldn't reach the ingoal.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
What happens to Nabuli? He can't finish his opportunities. He looks more stronger than he really is? I'm not sure. He has had many chances and he couldn't reach the ingoal.

he's run for more metres than any other Aussie winger and thrown the last pass for more tries too.

I'm happy with what he's doing for us. He's not the winger that isn't performing.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Nabuli's biggest issue is the 3 or 4 guys inside him. More often than not he gets the ball with about a metre of space. If the other guys could straighten a bit and give him some space I think he'll be a real bloody handful. He's going just fine.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Had some reservations about Nabuli I voiced going into the season (mostly based in not knowing a thing about the guy other than lower grade NRL highlights) but I have to say he's done a lot to dispel those concerns.

He's made some mistakes but so would most players if they were trying to get through the workload of two wingers on attack. Eto makes himself available very regularly and is one of the most reliable guys we have when it comes to straightening the line and getting over it.

Grant NZ

Bill Watson (15)
It was worse then pococks as he actually used 2 arms to try and sink a choke in.

Er, no. It wasn't as bad as Pocock's cause the arms were around the head & neck but not the throat. Pocock actually put a substantial amount of pressure on Leitch's windpipe.

T

TOCC

Er, no. It wasn't as bad as Pocock's cause the arms were around the head & neck but not the throat. Pocock actually put a substantial amount of pressure on Leitch's windpipe.

You must have access to some footage that we don't

Grant NZ

Bill Watson (15)
I'm going from the footage we saw and the still frame shown on this thread. His arms are around the side of the head & neck. He clearly doesn't have an arm under the chin (like Pocock did) in the screengrab shown and the fact that Ready was able to pull his head out a few moments after they went to ground is further evidence of that.

Pocock had his forearm under Leitch's chin and was pulling upward which put pressure on the throat and made it impossible for Leitch to pull his head free.

The neck roll is a blight on the game and Wheeler's was stupid & dangerous, but a sustained choke like Pocock's is worse (as was Liam Messam's last year - I still don't understand how that didn't result in time off).

T

TOCC

Just another indicator of how dominant Kerevi's performance was, the 164m was the most meters a centre has made in Super Rugby in the past 5 years and the most any player has run in 2016.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strewthcobber

Steve Williams (59)
Just another indicator of how dominant Kerevi's performance was, the 164m was the most meters a centre has made in Super Rugby in the past 5 years and the most any player has run in 2016.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And didn't he touch the ball once in the second half?

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
He had at least one touch that I remember. Tip toeing along the sideline but somehow still being able to bump a couple of defenders that should've been able to put him into touch by blowing hard.

Could've been the only touch but.

Status
Not open for further replies.