• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds v Highlanders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
What is it with these Reds-Highlanders fixtures? The Reds always seem to break the shackles attack-wise.

G

galumay

This neck roll stuff is a slippery slope. It's going to completely change the way the game is played and going to favour the defensive team.

GO YOU GOOD REDS!

No its not, thats the sort of nonsense Marto was spouting. Just dont apply choke holds around players necks, then roll them, then keep strangling. Legal cleanouts are fine.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
I know there's still 20min to go, but I'm loving how the Reds are playing. Hunt has been incredible and Frisby continues to look like the form 9. Shame we can't poach Tui!

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
No its not, thats the sort of nonsense Marto was spouting. Just dont apply choke holds around players necks, then roll them, then keep strangling. Legal cleanouts are fine.
It's more about the awareness of them. They've become such a big deal in such a short time that mark my words, in 18 months time they'll be like tip tackles. YC with no discretion. Which is fine for the genuine neck rolls, but like tip tackles some peanut refs will be jumping at ghosts and penalising anything that looks suspect near the neck.

I'm not against it in anyway, players will have to adapt. Just pointing out that it could fundamentally change the shape of the game.

G

galumay

I'm not against it in anyway, players will have to adapt. Just pointing out that it could fundamentally change the shape of the game.

Fair enough, I got the impression you were defending the tactic!

In reality the only way you get things like tip tackles and neck rolls out of the game is NOT applying discretion - give the players certainty, do it, and you go.

G

galumay

I have a nasty feeling this is going to turn around - which would be a pity after such a bright first half by the Reds.

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)
Osborne, who could realistically push for the AB's two years ago is not even close anymore. Acres of space, and fucks around running back into his own players.

Highlanders deserve to lose this one by a country fucking mile.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Wow, Kafe was actually right. Luck went the Clan way on that one, so far offside at that lineout it was obscene.

Will be hard for the Reds to hold on now.

Status
Not open for further replies.