• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds v Highlanders

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

galumay

'Landers will likely win with a bonus point against the hapless Reds, I cant see a repeat of recent close games between these two.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
I think this is the best team (Reds) available.
There has been improvement over the past couple of weeks.

Slipper and Gill bring heaps.

Expect Rob Simmons to have a big game now he has been relieved of captaincy duties - he can just play the game.
I still hold some fears in the backs and hope Jake runs more direct and Kerevi hits the line with real intent

PS Pickle to flick the box kick - but I doubt that will happen.

Reds to defy the odds

Reds by 12.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
I think this is the best team (Reds) available.
There has been improvement over the past couple of weeks.

Slipper and Gill bring heaps.

Expect Rob Simmons to have a big game now he has been relieved of captaincy duties - he can just play the game.
I still hold some fears in the backs and hope Jake runs more direct and Kerevi hits the line with real intent

PS Pickle to flick the box kick - but I doubt that will happen.

Reds to defy the odds

Reds by 12.
You are very optimistic, I envy you

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
^^^^^^^^^^ maybe you could ask Santa to get the Reds a coach for Christmas. Not sure they'll pass the naughty/ nice test but worth a crack, eh? Actually the way things have been going for your lot lately they'll probably rock up to HQ on Dec 27 & find this parked outside.......

image.jpeg

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
Highlanders will no doubt have had Jamie Joseph reminding them of the perils of complacency and failing to defend a bonus point lead (v Waratahs), the need to stick to their defensive structures (v Force), and not to do anything silly under pressure (approximately every 3rd time Osborne gets the ball). You can't chip kick Patrick, just run at the fucking player and make him hurt tackling you, you big prick. They have had a couple of so so games they made very hard on themselves. Looking to get back on track and make a statement tonight methinks.

Sopoaga is back to guide the ship. He will be looking to have a blinder with the emergence of Damien Mackenzie.

If the Highlanders don't cock it up,the Reds will need to play significantly better than their last game v Tahs to avoid a thrashing.

Pretty confident of a result for the Clan.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
If the Highlanders don't cock it up,the Reds will need to play significantly better than their last game v Tahs to avoid a thrashing.

Pretty confident of a result for the Clan.

I'd agree with you but so far this Round I've gone Tribe by 20 & CruSadists by 11 so don't wanna jinx you..........

Agree on big Pat, every time you idly wonder how he might go in Black he does something really, really, mind-blowingly dumb & you remember why he's never really been in the frame.

Under the terms of the Foxtel-sharing treaty in our house the Warriors take priority over all Super Rugby bar the CruSadists. Hopefully Manly belts them early so the wife gets the shits with them & goes visit her cousin around the corner. Failing that it's follow it on here & wait for the highlights to hit YouTube (for the life of me I can neither watch a taped game knowing the score nor keep from knowing the score until I've watched it on replay).

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
ask her to go get some milk and lock the door. Then when she complains, tell her you were being a Warrior not a worrier.

I know you don't know my wife, but you REALLY don't know my wife, she'd walk the 150m to her cousin's house probably 10 times for every time she drives the 1500m to the shop & back for ciggies.

It's all good, tho, cousin's hubby works tonight & cousin is also a Warriors fan so there's a fair chance wifey will get a "come over for the game" text in the next hour or so.

EDIT: turns out the Warriors are at home so I'm only gonna be missing HorrorCanes v Jags. That I can live with :)

G

galumay

Looks like the teams went into the wrong dressing rooms by mistake and didnt even notice when they pulled the opposition jerseys on.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
Well bugger. My wife is correct. As soon as I start talking up the highlanders they go to shit.

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
Good on Jackson for calling play on there. I hate when the half does that.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
So there I was between games & a fragment of a lyric gets inside my head (yeah, I know, plenty of room & all) so I google "the night the lights went out in" & sure enough right after Google comes back with "Georgia" the fuckin lights go out in Marsden. Also the TV & obviously Foxtel. Flying blind here peoples, need score updates.

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
So there I was between games & a fragment of a lyric gets inside my head (yeah, I know, plenty of room & all) so I google "the night the lights went out in" & sure enough right after Google comes back with "Georgia" the fuckin lights go out in Marsden. Also the TV & obviously Foxtel. Flying blind here peoples, need score updates.
22 - 6 to the Reds. Never has the phrase 'a completely different team' been so relevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.