• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds v Force Rd 8 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

redveincheese

Billy Sheehan (19)
Reds v Force will surely be the game of year so far.
2 teams fighting for their super rugby survival and some tasty extras thrown in.
The debut of Premier grade try scoring machine Jamie-Jerry "Better step than Qaude" Taulagi is an enticing proposition all by itself. However add to that 2 more debuts for the Reds in the form one Pettowa Paraka and Jonah Placid as well as a 50th cap for the fastest man in Queensland Rod Davies who will be opposite the fastest man in West Australia and I am excited.
But wait there's more!!!!
Returning to the hallowed turf of Lang Park, (yes Lang Park) is the Reds MVP from the British lions match last year, Luke Morahan. Welcome back Luke! We missed you.
But surely, What must make this game a standout among the pack, is the return to the playing field of the most fearsome no.8 in the world. Yes Ben McCalman. A big thanks to all those involved in somehow delivering Big Ben to to field this week despite receiving a two match ban and only missing one game. Nice work.
The trio of Quirk, Shatz and Robinson will have to do their best impression of a brick wall to have a chance of stopping this blue and black juggernaut. ( By the way force fans, always wondered why the force chose blue and black over the WA traditional gold and black, or is it yellow). Ben is angry, and is taking it out on unsuspecting back rowers and anyone else in his way. He is also well rested and I hear is looking at some property near Toulouse.
For this reason the reds will certainly start underdogs. I wish you luck Reds.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
So pumped to see two more young Tigers in the Reds Squad. Best of luck to Pettowa and Jonah, making the step up already!

Also time for JJ to show his skills, keep an eye on him if you can.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
443240-ripia.gif

Nipper

Ward Prentice (10)
Western Force
1. Pek Cowan
2. Nathan Charles
3. Kieran Longbottom
4. Sam Wykes
5. Wilhelm Steenkamp
6. Angus Cottrell
7. Matt Hodgson (c)
8. Ben McCalman
9. Alby Mathewson
10. Sias Ebersohn
11. Nick Cummins
12. Kyle Godwin
13. Solomoni Rasolea
14. Luke Morahan
15. Jayden Hayward

Reserves
16. Heath Tessmann
17. Tetera Faulkner
18. Ollie Hoskins
19. Adam Coleman
20. Brynard Stander
21. Ian Prior
22. Zack Holmes
23. Marcel Brache

That's a nice settled team for the Force now.

So it looks like Stander is cover for the entire back row?!

Nipper

Ward Prentice (10)
Good matchups this weekend. Tuilagi vs Morahan and Davies vs. Cummins should be exciting.

Reds now have a mounting injury toll with Hanson, Gill, Shipperley, Toua & Turner all on the sidelines. We really can't afford any more this week.

When the Force have the ball, I'll take the Cummins/Davies matchup every day of the year. You recall the Wallabies/Samoa match, right?

When the Reds have the ball, I'm a bit more concerned, as the Badger hasn't been that flash on defense.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
I hope when Quadey blows out all 26 candles on his cake tomorrow that he wishes for a win as we've got a pretty tall task in front of us!

Before anyone asks, I only know it's Quades birthday as we share the same DOB. I'd blow candles out and make a wish, but I don't want wax getting on my 1kg of steak tomorrow lunch time!

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Western Force
1. Pek Cowan
2. Nathan Charles
3. Kieran Longbottom
4. Sam Wykes
5. Wilhelm Steenkamp
6. Angus Cottrell
7. Matt Hodgson (c)
8. Ben McCalman
9. Alby Mathewson
10. Sias Ebersohn
11. Nick Cummins
12. Kyle Godwin
13. Solomoni Rasolea
14. Luke Morahan
15. Jayden Hayward

Reserves
16. Heath Tessmann
17. Tetera Faulkner
18. Ollie Hoskins
19. Adam Coleman
20. Brynard Stander
21. Ian Prior
22. Zack Holmes
23. Marcel Brache

That's a nice settled team for the Force now.

Which Nursing home centres did half of this team come From?

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
I hope when Quadey blows out all 26 candles on his cake tomorrow that he wishes for a win as we've got a pretty tall task in front of us!

Before anyone asks, I only know it's Quades birthday as we share the same DOB. I'd blow candles out and make a wish, but I don't want wax getting on my 1kg of steak tomorrow lunch time!

Happy Birthday tomorrow, and that you might celebrate it tomorrow night - go the Reds!:D

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Which Nursing home centres did half of this team come From?
the one where the avarage age is 25........i wonder if there are chicks at this nursing home i might have to check this out.....anyone have the number for this place?

T

Tip

When the Force have the ball, I'll take the Cummins/Davies matchup every day of the year. You recall the Wallabies/Samoa match, right?

When the Reds have the ball, I'm a bit more concerned, as the Badger hasn't been that flash on defense.
I just said they'd be exciting mate. Out and out speed vs the out and out power of the badge.

My fearless prediction? If Genia kicks it less than 7 times throughout the course of the match, the Reds win

kiap

Steve Williams (59)

Some pre-game GIFs—featuring the Badger (and Ships, who won't feature this time)

Badger in defence—he goes alright.
ibskGb54T9v0xa.gif

Badger with the ball—that to me is outstanding. :cool:
ibuuqJfsFqirI6.gif

Badger doesn't get the ball—Happy Birthday Quade!
ibyELEXMXZ2ty.gif

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Heh. Maybe that's why Shipperly cried off?

o_O

On current form:
- Reds have the advantage in the tight 5 with hookers about equal.
- Force have the better backrow.
- Reds have the halves.
- Centres about equal.
- Back 3 goes to the Force due to all the Reds injuries.

Let's face it, the Force are playing as well as they are able. The Reds are going to be as 'on' for this game as they have been for any this year. I just don't see them matching the Reds, if the lads can bring it and lift there intensity it won't be close.

M

Moono75

o_O

On current form:
- Reds have the advantage in the tight 5 with hookers about equal.
- Force have the better backrow.
- Reds have the halves.
- Centres about equal.
- Back 3 goes to the Force due to all the Reds injuries.

Let's face it, the Force are playing as well as they are able. The Reds are going to be as 'on' for this game as they have been for any this year. I just don't see them matching the Reds, if the lads can bring it and lift there intensity it won't be close.

I would argue that Mathewson is playing better than Genia and Sias has been a lot better than he was in his first year, no massive advantage either way.

And by the way the Force's best play is enough to beat any team in the comp anytime. Repeat after me....a champion team beats a team of champions.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
If you think the Reds are not a champion team you are kidding yourself.
It's not 2011 anymore mate the reds are a team full of former champions but are not playing like a champion team. The really need to step up to push for finals and I hope the do but not this week ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.