• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds v Force Rd 8 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tranquility

That's the thing, we have so many quality young blokes bubbling under the surface. Let's see them rip in!

M

Moono75

Will the Force be playing out of the home dressing rooms? Suncorp is pretty much like playing a home game for us these days :)

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Agree. Ironically, this may have been more of what the Reds needed at the start of the season.

agreed. I am thinking that next year a backline such as:

15 Tuallagi
14 Turner
13 Feauai-Sautia
12 Kerevi
11 Kurindrani
10 Cooper
9 Genia

With Placid on the bench. Now that backline excites me, but they need to start getting some game time soon.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Western Force
1. Pek Cowan
2. Nathan Charles
3. Kieran Longbottom
4. Sam Wykes
5. Wilhelm Steenkamp
6. Angus Cottrell
7. Matt Hodgson (c)
8. Ben McCalman
9. Alby Mathewson
10. Sias Ebersohn
11. Nick Cummins
12. Kyle Godwin
13. Solomoni Rasolea
14. Luke Morahan
15. Jayden Hayward

Reserves
16. Heath Tessmann
17. Tetera Faulkner
18. Ollie Hoskins
19. Adam Coleman
20. Brynard Stander
21. Ian Prior
22. Zack Holmes
23. Marcel Brache

That's a nice settled team for the Force now.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
agreed. I am thinking that next year a backline such as:

15 Tuallagi
14 Turner
13 Feauai-Sautia
12 Kerevi
11 Kurindrani
10 Cooper
9 Genia

With Placid on the bench. Now that backline excites me, but they need to start getting some game time soon.

Absolutely Reg. We've got to - I hope we will - face up to the fact that many elements of our team need reconstructing if winning an S15 for a second time is a serious prospect.

I may get howled down but I simply cannot see the core playing group we have now - and playing the way we are - winning the 2014 S15. So, I agree with you, I'd like to see us be bold and truly strategic in our thinking and start the rebuilding process now. If we wait until the commencement of 2015, a substantively new team will need at least a year or more to gain confidence and a consistently winning habit.

Btw, I am not 100% sold on L Turner yet. Great start to 2014 early on, but consistent injuries and uneven form worry me. I like the fact that we've been willing to import - more of this should have happened in the forwards to deal with the serious loss of Higgers and Samo - but I would have chased (for example) a J Mogg or N Cummins home to QLD before a Turner.

M

Moono75

Happy to see an unchanged Force lineup with Foley rewarding the guys for effort. There was some talk about Prior being pushed for his spot on the bench by Ryan Louwrens however he has gone down with a knee injury and is out for the remainder of the year. Opens up an opportunity for Justin Turner to push for a spot after his horrific run of injuries. Would be nice to see Turner make it back.

T

Tip

Good matchups this weekend. Tuilagi vs Morahan and Davies vs. Cummins should be exciting.

Reds now have a mounting injury toll with Hanson, Gill, Shipperley, Toua & Turner all on the sidelines. We really can't afford any more this week.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
St.George Queensland Reds team to face Western Force1. James Slipper
2. James Hanson
3. Greg Holmes
4. Rob Simmons
5. James Horwill (C)
6. Eddie Quirk
7. Beau Robinson
8. Jake Schatz
9. Will Genia (VC)
10. Quade Cooper
11. Jamie-Jerry Taulagi (debut)
12. Mike Harris
13. Ben Tapuai
14. Rod Davies (50th Reds cap)
15. Ben Lucas

16. Albert Anae
17. Pettowa Paraka (potential debut)
18. Jono Owen
19. Ed O’Donoghue
20. Curtis Browning
21. Nick Frisby
22. Anthony Fainga’a
23. Jonah Placid (potential debut)
http://www.redsrugby.com.au/Article...to-face-Western-Force-at-Suncorp-Stadium.aspx

Outside Will and Quade, that backline doesn't look too scary. New faces (JJ and Placid), Taps still playing out of position, and others undersized. Forwards still with a question mark over their performances, esp second row and back row. Could be an opportunity for the Force to get another win in 2014.

T

Tip

Hey @tip - you get your wish for a different fullback

how stoked are you right now?
Taulagi...
images

P.S. I got my wish last week with Turner at Fullback.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
The only reason Queenslanders tolerate the lesser States of NSW (Southern Queensland), Victoria (Far Southern Queensland), South Australia (South West Queensland) and the Northern Territory (Western Queensland) is that they keep us separated from the Hole Diggers in the far reaches of the empire.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
The only reason Queenslanders tolerate the lesser States of NSW (Southern Queensland), Victoria (Far Southern Queensland), South Australia (South West Queensland) and the Northern Territory (Western Queensland) is that they keep us separated from the Hole Diggers in the far reaches of the empire.

The Resistance is coming mate, the Empires time is up!

Matt “Skywalker’’ Hodgson and his Jedi are coming for you.

The Force is with us and just like that Red bloke Maul we are gunna cut your team in 2. :cool:

M

Moono75

The last hole digger out of Queensland was Digby......dug himself a big one!

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Absolutely Reg. We've got to - I hope we will - face up to the fact that many elements of our team need reconstructing if winning an S15 for a second time is a serious prospect.

I may get howled down but I simply cannot see the core playing group we have now - and playing the way we are - winning the 2014 S15. So, I agree with you, I'd like to see us be bold and truly strategic in our thinking and start the rebuilding process now. If we wait until the commencement of 2015, a substantively new team will need at least a year or more to gain confidence and a consistently winning habit.

Btw, I am not 100% sold on L Turner yet. Great start to 2014 early on, but consistent injuries and uneven form worry me. I like the fact that we've been willing to import - more of this should have happened in the forwards to deal with the serious loss of Higgers and Samo - but I would have chased (for example) a J Mogg or N Cummins home to QLD before a Turner.

Doesn't really matter who the backs are until we can get more impact from the forwards.

PS I believe the reds did approach Cummins a few years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.