• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds v Force Rd 8 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nipper

Ward Prentice (10)
03/03/12

You all remember that date right?

The last time the Reds beat the Force.

That was a LONG time ago. And the 2011 season is even a longer time ago - but you all still keep hanging on to that, even though this team is a shell of the 2011 team...

In all seriousness, it should be a cracker of a match, and I expect the bodies to be flying. Too close to call.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
anyway, let's focus on the game and not the fans.

Reds team should be named pretty soon. Word is that JJ Tualagi will be named, probably on the wing.

Reactions: gel

EatSleepDrinkRuck

Larry Dwyer (12)
TAB are paying $3.25 if the force win - Upset would be apt.

But we don't need to bother with this semantic argument - the Reds will win so we won't need to use any term to describe the Force winning.

T

Tip

Jesus christ if the Force are paying 3.25 for a win I'm putting $20 on them regardless.
If the Reds win I'm happy.
If the force win I'll have enough money to drown my sorrows and forget about the abysmal refereeing display that cost us another victory!

T

tranquility

Yepp. Me too, hope he interchanges with Lachy at the back, as he will be far more dangerous from kick returns.

On the topic, how good was Benny Lucas last week? It's amazing how he has been able to maintain a career by just doing any role that is required. A true footballer.

T

Tip

Yepp. Me too, hope he interchanges with Lachy at the back, as he will be far more dangerous from kick returns.

On the topic, how good was Benny Lucas last week? It's amazing how he has been able to maintain a career by just doing any role that is required. A true footballer.
I'm glad I wasn't the only one that noticed this. For someone his size it's remarkable how he avoids getting manhandled every time he runs the ball. Personally I'd love to see him in the reserve 9 jersey for the Wallabies, it would let us have a 6/2 split. Reserve halfback is a waste of a bench spot considering the half normally plays 80.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Who would have thunk eight weeks ago that the Reds would really be worried about this game. More than a bit worried I reckon.

Loving the way the Force are playing. Great value.

T

tranquility

I'm glad I wasn't the only one that noticed this. For someone his size it's remarkable how he avoids getting manhandled every time he runs the ball. Personally I'd love to see him in the reserve 9 jersey for the Wallabies, it would let us have a 6/2 split. Reserve halfback is a waste of a bench spot considering the half normally plays 80.

He was so good as a youngster, that at school games at GT the supporters would all yell, "We've got Benny Lucas."

T

Tip

Who would have thunk eight weeks ago that the Reds would really be worried about this game. More than a bit worried I reckon.

Loving the way the Force are playing. Great value.
The force are the Reds bogey team. We have always struggled against them. It's not all that surprising. I'm actually happy that the Reds are worried... It means no complacency and that they should turn up with their heads screwed on

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
St.George Queensland Reds team to face Western Force1. James Slipper
2. James Hanson
3. Greg Holmes
4. Rob Simmons
5. James Horwill (C)
6. Eddie Quirk
7. Beau Robinson
8. Jake Schatz
9. Will Genia (VC)
10. Quade Cooper
11. Jamie-Jerry Taulagi (debut)
12. Mike Harris
13. Ben Tapuai
14. Rod Davies (50th Reds cap)
15. Ben Lucas

16. Albert Anae
17. Pettowa Paraka (potential debut)
18. Jono Owen
19. Ed O’Donoghue
20. Curtis Browning
21. Nick Frisby
22. Anthony Fainga’a
23. Jonah Placid (potential debut)
http://www.redsrugby.com.au/Article...to-face-Western-Force-at-Suncorp-Stadium.aspx

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
The force are the Reds bogey team. We have always struggled against them. It's not all that surprising. I'm actually happy that the Reds are worried. It means no complacency and that they should turn up with their heads screwed on
but are the players worried or is it just the fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.