• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds v Force Rd 8 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Entertaining thread but karma is going to bite one side on the arse Saturday night. I hope it's not the Reds. Hopefully the bye has stifled the Force's momentum because shit they look hot. They are playing the exact game that can stifle our halves combination. We need a smart tactic to combat this. Back row battle with be a rippa'

I would also like Ant Fainga'a to start if he is fully fit. Talk about the other options all you like but we a better side when he is on the park.

T

tranquility

Haha.

The irony of the Force's form is that, they are in a purple patch and we are "struggling" however we are both on the same competition points.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
I don't know why but I can't be neutral or reasonable in any way when it comes to this game.

Reds are going to smash your boys. End of story.

Horwill and Simmons might at least teach your locks a thing or two.

Tired of dropping games to these bottom-feeders for no reason.

How to fall sideways off a ruck without hurting an opposition player any more than a mosquito bite?

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Only two of your wins have been at home against the two bottom placed sides in the competition. And you have a game in hand. The only upside from where you are sitting is that you have done your South African tour, such that it was.

Of course you have to be seen as struggling. Prior to Gill's injury, you had a pack with 5 current Wallabies and a backline with a handful too. We have one in the pack and one in the backline.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
So on a more serious note, this is a game I expect the Reds to take out for a number of reasons:
  1. The bookies tip the Reds and they're usually right
  2. The game is at 'fortress' Suncorp Stadium
  3. Whereas in the past the Reds probably did not respect the Force enough, they will this game
  4. The Force will find it difficult to maintain the impetus they have recently enjoyed, especially with the bye thrown in
  5. When the Force beat the Reds at Suncorp last year, Ginea had just returned from an injury break and was a long way short of his best, as well as being targeted by the Force ( he & QC (Quade Cooper) are used to being targeted by teams now and know how to deal with it)
  6. The Reds coaching staff have had the opportunity to look at what the Force have been doing for their 'run' of form and will counter that
REDS BY 9

M

Moono75

So on a more serious note, this is a game I expect the Reds to take out for a number of reasons:
  1. The bookies tip the Reds and they're usually right
  2. The game is at 'fortress' Suncorp Stadium
  3. Whereas in the past the Reds probably did not respect the Force enough, they will this game
  4. The Force will find it difficult to maintain the impetus they have recently enjoyed, especially with the bye thrown in
  5. When the Force beat the Reds at Suncorp last year, Ginea had just returned from an injury break and was a long way short of his best, as well as being targeted by the Force ( he & QC (Quade Cooper) are used to being targeted by teams now and know how to deal with it)
  6. The Reds coaching staff have had the opportunity to look at what the Force have been doing for their 'run' of form and will counter that
REDS BY 9
All fair points on paper but really not that relevant.

1/. Bookies are also frequently wrong, just look at the Chiefs result.

2/. Fortress Suncorp. We won our last start there.

3/. The fact that the Reds might now 'respect' us will make a difference? Therefore if the Reds respected every opposition they played in 2014 they would go through the season undefeated? If you guys were switched on mentally you would be dangerous. Maybe that's a coaching issue.

4/. The Force will find it difficult to maintain impetus. Why? There's no better form than winning form.

5/. Genia is still a long way short of his best. Just because you know your going to be targeted doesn't mean you will be able to do anything to counter it. You also have other injuries.

6/. The Reds coaching staff have had time to work us out. Well our coaching staff has had a bye week and have had 'MORE' time to work out the Reds.

Tough game to call. Lets wait till the teams are announced.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
6/. The Reds coaching staff have had time to work us out. Well our coaching staff has had a bye week and have had 'MORE' time to work out

Are you forgetting Graham's career path already? I mean that's cute that you've been preparing for a few weeks. Try preparing for a few years and maybe you'd have a better shot this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.