• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds v Force Rd 8 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Set piece magic

John Solomon (38)
I'm loving this fan chat this rivalry has been missing from rugby for ages!!!

Normally it's been all analysis about who has the slightly taller line out and how some attack coach has some stupid set piece that nobody cares about

How about this: The Reds are going to take a dump on the Force by 40 at Suncorp!!!! YEAH

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Perhaps you should do a little homework and check out the guys who have been toiling away for several years in Perth (aka Hodgo, Wykes), and the WA boys who are coming through the ranks.

"Buy a championship by poaching other teams star players", indeed. Please explain who the "star players" are in the Force side that have been poached? Not to mention that it's a fully professional game with players transferring all over the map.

So, what is your point?

It's kind of humorous, listening the the Reds fans on this forum. "The Reds are going to smash them!" But, ah, where and how are they going to beat them? "Um, because, arggghh, ummmm.. because they're THE REDS. Don't you know we won the Super Rugby Championship in 2011 (after years of mediocrity)?!!"

No one said the Force were not a champion team. You have missed the point entirely. This is not a competition where only team can claim the right to be a champion team.

This thread is is getting a bit sad.

M

Moono75

Fuck me, 3 wins in a row, 1st time in the history of the club & the Force are a champion team?!?! You lot are delusional!
Force winning streak ends tonight in a landslide!

To clear up the confusion of some in the west. The saying a team of champions over a champion team relates to teams that try to buy a championship by poaching other teams star players. The Reds have been that champion team in the past & are striving to be that champion team again. They can never be accused of being a team of champions as they have mostly been there from the start of their respective careers.

Mate.....where did I say the Force were a champion team? I said I don't think the Reds can be considered a champion team. You need to win more than 1 title, establish a dynasty, sustained success to qualify. The Crusaders team with there run of titles....that was a champion team.

Today is just another stepping stone. We aren't getting ahead of ourselves, we are just enjoying the ride after a long drought.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
[quote="Moono74, post: 588191

Today is just another stepping stone. We aren't getting ahead of ourselves, we are just enjoying the ride after a long drought.[/quote]

Like myself, Diehard Reds Fans know the Word Drought very well.

M

Moono75

Its gonna be on during this game for sure. Hopefully we all don't get tooooo nasty in our post game comments. Of course I can't vouch for myself ;)

Set piece magic

John Solomon (38)
I don't mind people going a bit pear shaped (would be hypocritical to say otherwise ;) )

I'm just saying there is not enough blind passion in our game and it's a massive problem. This kind of tit for tat is great for the game, talk it up!!

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Have we gone pear-shaped? I thought this was just bit of an enjoyable banter prior to a game. The banter is probably more enjoyable that the game will be. No need for anyone to get their feathered ruffled.

It's like the haka. You don't have to like it, but you have to accept that it happens and it's better just to move on.

tic

Herbert Moran (7)
Wow, the cashed up bogans certainly have delusions of granduer after stringing together 3, yes 3, whole wins in a row. As for all the trash talking of the Reds - get back to us when you have nearly 40000 members and one of the most professional sporting brands in the country.

Good luck with that.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Wow, the cashed up bogans certainly have delusions of granduer after stringing together 3, yes 3, whole wins in a row. As for all the trash talking of the Reds - get back to us when you have nearly 40000 members and one of the most professional sporting brands in the country.

Good luck with that.

Banter a bit close to the bone was it? ;)

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)

Good luck with that.
Two more wins in a row than the Reds have currently. :)

T

tranquility

Thanks for that,I wasn't sure who to death ride the most, in this battle of the spoon.
Go Force!!!

No worries mate, I would expect it. I have never wished the Tahs won a match in my life. If Stuart Berry still plays in a social comp in Saffaland, I would probably support them before the flower boys.

Get em Reds.

M

Moono75

Good luck with that.
40000 members huh and more than half tossers I imagine. Force members salt of the earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.