• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

upthereds#!

Peter Johnson (47)
Smith twins are quality support. Happy with it. I know we havn't seen him much but can't help but think that Manu > Faagase.

T

TOCC

There’s a reason Manu hasn’t been sighted much, at Reds level or NRC, Manu had a pretty horrendous knee injury a year or so ago, he still has never fully recovered from that.

George Smith targeting April 7 vs the Brumbies has his return match

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
There’s a reason Manu hasn’t been sighted much, at Reds level or NRC, Manu had a pretty horrendous knee injury a year or so ago, he still has never fully recovered from that.

George Smith targeting April 7 vs the Brumbies has his return match
The injury worked out pretty well didn't it, after getting sacked from his Japanese team. Bit of time away to take the heat off. Very Jordanesque

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

QRU have had him doing a PR role, he was just in Townsville to launch the TDRU comp

Perese is due back the same game vs the Brumbies

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
Recruiting from those attending social golf matches on Sydney's north shore never stops... :rolleyes:

That's a bit harsh, David played for Souths if I remember correctly asking a friend it was apparently GPS. And actually he's very against the Sydney centric ARU.

T

TOCC

He attended school in NSW, but played his rugby in QLD, he also has the honour of been the first Australian ever red-carded at Test level for stomping against Wales in the 1987 RWC.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Interesting game tonight Hurricanes v Crusaders. Cru not good enough, but the game plan, forward focus, tough D - may just give as hint of where Brad is going at the Reds.

It's not really my preferred style of rugby, but I think I can live with it. It will also get a few of our guys into the WBs.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
He attended school in NSW, but played his rugby in New South Wales before his chronic arthritis played up, resulting in a move to warmer climes in QLD, he also has the honour of been the first Australian ever red-carded at Test level for stomping against Wales in the 1987 RWC

fixed

Another thing: there were no cards in those days, it was a straight send-off with a ref's raised arm.

I'm probably being a bit unfair on David here but I just couldn't resist commenting on the connection with Hawker and Pulver. I'm sure he's his own man, he certainly played like one.

T

TOCC

fixed

Another thing: there were no cards in those days, it was a straight send-off with a ref's raised arm.

I'm probably being a bit unfair on David here but I just couldn't resist commenting on the connection with Hawker and Pulver. I'm sure he's his own man, he certainly played like one.

Im not really sure of the point your trying to make by the arthritis comments ... But David Codey moved to QLD in 1983, he was a Wallaby from 1983 through to 1987, and he retired in 1988, and was involved in QLD Club and Schools Rugby through the 90s.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
arthritis reference = a joke

I shall refrain from adding any further comments about comprehension to my friends from north of the Tweed.

Reactions: dru
T

TOCC

arthritis reference = a joke

I shall refrain from adding any further comments about comprehension to my friends from north of the Tweed.

no one ever said they were gifted with a good sense of humour south of the tweed

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
fixed

They most certainly don't play golf on the north shore.

Status
Not open for further replies.