• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
That is surprising to me. I'd love to know the thinking behind it. Duncan has regularly looked like our best back and the one most likely to create an opportunity.

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
That is surprising to me. I'd love to know the thinking behind it. Duncan has regularly looked like our best back and the one most likely to create an opportunity.

Yeah, I agree 100% with this. I don't dislike the Kerevi-CFS centers but Paia'aua has been fucing outstanding since last year. It is possible we see Paia'aua going to 10 if the Kerevi-CFS pairing works out.

Linebreaker

Allen Oxlade (6)
Daugunu is still learning the technicalities of the game, give him a few weeks to find his feet at this level.. but he hasn’t looked out of place which is the important thing

Ben Lucas is back and fit, could be a chance for selection this week

I hear he's playing halfback for the bank

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
This article has a good look at some of the reasoning behind DP being benched.

Some choice quotes from it:
McGahan
  • "We have a young group coming together and we are trying to find the best positions"
  • "He's had a couple of weeks with Duncan and we will see where he fits."
  • "Duncan has been playing well but we're looking for a change this week."

>McGahan said Duncan Paia'aua had not done a great deal wrong and was rather a victim of circumstance, with the coaching staff eager to test the powerful centre pairing while handing Filipo Daugunu the opportunity to start.

So it looks like this is just tinkering with the side. I do like that Thorn kind of flagged the change last week by trying it in the last game rather than just making wholesale changes at the drop of a hat.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
If there's one thing that young players have always responded well to, it's being dropped for not really doing anything wrong.

/s

In just about every sport it damages the players frame of mind.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
/s

In just about every sport it damages the players frame of mind.

except cricket, just about all of our recent great batsmen were dropped and came back stronger....they cant leave for another team if they get upset though so maybe this is the big difference.

dru

Tim Horan (67)

I always though Kerevi at 12 for WBs was because 13 was taken.

Choice to run a “twin big hopper” centre pairing is a definite shift. Kas Kerevi’s distribution improved? Jono could always be looking for a second line behind the centres but it puts plenty of pressure on FH. Expect him to drift deeper as the game proceeds.

Like most of Brad’s, Interesting let’s see how it goes.

upthereds#!

Peter Johnson (47)
I wrote on another page it doesnt surprise me as I don't agree that DP has been oneof our best so far. Hasn't offered a great deal as it seems is communication and direction is still lacking. Toua has been playing the 2nd ball player out wide reguarly. This was confirmed in Lance interview (that toua does that and expect to see it more). However I do not agree with Mcgahan that kerevi has improved his play making skills....

upthereds#!

Peter Johnson (47)
Foxsports losing the plot..

In more good news for the Reds, South African-born Ruan Smith has also re-signed with the club until 2020.
The 28-year-old former Brumby has been one of the Reds’ best performers during their opening two matches of this year’s competition.

T

TOCC

Can't blame them, all these brothers and twins getting around Australian Rugby at the moment is getting a bit confusing..

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
Foxsports losing the plot..

In more good news for the Reds, South African-born Ruan Smith has also re-signed with the club until 2020.
The 28-year-old former Brumby has been one of the Reds’ best performers during their opening two matches of this year’s competition.

To be fair there are like 3 smiths in the team now. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.