• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Didn't know you barracked for the Rebels, Big Bum. Bit of a turn up for the books that one. :cool:

Cripes you guys (REDS) on roster they have assembled on paper should have no excuses to not be finals contenders next year! Your roster is looking the envy of others......

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
RH, not confirmed by Mason turned down the Reds offer and then shopped himself off to the Force and Tahs. I believe he may be headed southwards.

Thanks Reg, perhaps he was concerned he'd be behind both QC (Quade Cooper) and JMc...?

Who knows for now.....but IMO he could be coached into a very good 10.

Reactions: dru

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I wish they'd Hurry up and announce the bloody assistants! I want to know if we're going to do anything with this talented squad.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

upthereds#!

Peter Johnson (47)
Considering what happened with Quade under RG, and then the way Stiles and Quade talked about each other at Brisbane City, my money is on a 'rookie' attack and/or backs coach, with Quade having licence to invent and create what he deems fit.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
The big build up was the signing of Scott-Young and then we go and sign Hewatt out of no where? What has Hewatt been up to this year to warrant a contract?

I genuinely do not know who Hewatt is. Could it be that he is a 7 and Scott-Young is not?

Sauron

Larry Dwyer (12)
Considering what happened with Quade under RG, and then the way Stiles and Quade talked about each other at Brisbane City, my money is on a 'rookie' attack and/or backs coach, with Quade having licence to invent and create what he deems fit.

Whoever is appointed, it has to be somebody with an ego strong enough to take working with Quade, rather than dictating to him. Didn't Ewen say that Quade often helped to come up with the game plans in the winning season? He's obviously got a good rugby brain.

Reactions: TSR
T

Train Without a Station

He never picked up a new contract.

He was signed for the 2016 and 2017 seasons in July 2015.

upthereds#!

Peter Johnson (47)
pretty sure i saw hewat listed as a 2nd row in an aussie school boy or queensland schoolboy team, doesnt mean much but probs not an openside.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I think the starting XV is mostly settled for 2017 - but I strongly agree that Higginbotham, Tui, Tupou and Perese will be in the lineup. Talakai, although a more experienced player, doesn't bring the raw running game and power that Thor does. We've constantly been saying "give Thor time.maybe next year". 2017 is his year to start. Haven't been impressed with Houston thus far and can only seem him starting unless George Smith is given a rest. The big build up was the signing of Scott-Young and then we go and sign Hewatt out of no where? What has Hewatt been up to this year to warrant a contract?

there was no build up about ASY (Angus Scott-Young) other than from his dad who announced it to the media that he'd signed with the Reds when all he'd done was sign a development contract.

he's been very good in NRC i reckon. A surprise packet at 8 for QLD Country.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
there was no build up about ASY (Angus Scott-Young) other than from his dad who announced it to the media that he'd signed with the Reds when all he'd done was sign a development contract.

he's been very good in NRC i reckon. A surprise packet at 8 for QLD Country.
olll
Of

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.