• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Pretty excited to see this bloke playing outside of Quade in 2017, who cares who the wings are, won't need them ;)

stop_penis_erect_archer.gif

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
It's a bit worrisome that no one has been announced but then again it could be my new found default position as a Reds fan to worry.

They have thus far done an excellent job of building a squad so I should take confidence from this but with such a good squad, the stakes feel higher all of a sudden and a lot more is now riding on the coaching team to deliver on what could be an excellent 2017. Here's hoping.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Plus by the look of all their pre-season work so far they don't need assistant coaches. It's all S&C.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Stiles and thorn are both there to handle the harden the f up part of proceedings so it should be good for the moment. Hopefully the others are named soon, but with the squad we've built I'd think there'd be more than a few potential assistant coaches pretty excited to come on board.

eldiablo

Ted Fahey (11)
Hearing rumours that Shane Arnold has been offered the gig as Backs Coach. It's well known he and Stiles are good mates. Is this just jobs for the boys or is the appointment a good one? I would have thought Rod Seib or Jason Gilmore to be ahead of Shane given they have progressed further in the "pathways".

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Hearing rumours that Shane Arnold has been offered the gig as Backs Coach. It's well known he and Stiles are good mates. Is this just jobs for the boys or is the appointment a good one? I would have thought Rod Seib or Jason Gilmore to be ahead of Shane given they have progressed further in the "pathways".

How good is he as a backs coach?

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)

Also heard Arnold (and Gilmore).

Don't know the bloke but am sure he will do a better job than the bloke last year.

Probably makes it a lot easier for the bloke now Quade is signed and Kerevi brimming with confidence.

eldiablo

Ted Fahey (11)
How good is he as a backs coach?

Decent. Took GPS prems to the grandy in 2013. Since then was Kicking coach for Reds, Aus 20's backs coach and Bris City Backs Coach. Looking back on it, his resume is pretty good. But still think Seib and Gilmore are justifiable front runners

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Re Reds 2017 Assistant Coaches.

Reading the above speculative posts re possible Reds Assistants, I get scared when I see names that all seem to be just 'part of the QLD rugby family' with experiences and proven track records not much beyond that.

I would like to see at least one the Assistants come out of elite NZ rugby and another with a demonstrably successful track record to date with a team that's clearly progressed well over (say) a 2-4 year period in Super Rugby or its global equivalent.

Let's not kid ourselves: the QRU depends upon the commercial and brand success of the Reds and if the latter's fortunes do not strongly revive in 2017-8, the QRU will need bailing out again (and will there be ARU funds then to bail them out given that the Tahs are currently the only Super rugby franchise currently holding onto roughly neutral cash flows?).

Status
Not open for further replies.