• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Sorry, don't know what happen there, had a RG moment.

My worry is they let him go and he does not realise it and still turns up to training polluting the place.

A lot of speculation going on here but that is what happens in a vacuum. Seriously, how bad are the Reds at communicating with members? Great at letting me know merch is cheap this week but crap at assuring me thus cluster fuck of a year will never happen again.

The Bunnies are emailing me all the time with member news. When their is a player issue they are straight on it.

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
Respect - Quade is a professional footballer. He played for the Reds since school.

he has been very highly paid for his services including the last 2 or 3 years when he hasn't performed to his ability oin a CONSISTENT basis.

The parties couldn't agree on $$$$$$$. Nothing more nothing less.

IMHO Quade asked for toooooo much and based on performances the QRU would not agree - simple really.

Same happened with Lucas, Harris, Higgers etc etc etc.

Sad but reality in the professional era when money is limited.

It's seems QC (Quade Cooper)'s management group were not happy to find out that K Hunt is the highest paid Red this season.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
It's seems QC (Quade Cooper)'s management group were not happy to find out that K Hunt is the highest paid Qld Red this season.

We can all have our views on the KH signing, the risks so entailed, how good a rugby player he is or might be, etc.

But surely what is not in any dispute is the QRU's egregious mistake in instantly over-promoting him, putting him on a VC pedestal over the likes of QC (Quade Cooper) before season start, and paying him $s the equal or greater than QC (Quade Cooper) and Genia etc.

These misjudgements were bound to cause major tensions amongst Reds senior players (and they did in fact) and undermine their confidence in their employer's values and conduct.

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
Quite ridiculous. Where has the loyalty to the players gone?

From all reports QC (Quade Cooper), Genia, Digby, Higgers, Harris etc all want/wanted to stay with the Reds yet whatever is going on upstairs is lure them elsewhere, it's killing the club. Can they not see that?

I mentioned this before next season a host of long serving/big names are off contract; Schatz, Holmes, Gill, FTA, FTS, Kerevi, JOC (James O'Connor).
By how things are going we will be running out a team close to the one that won the NRC for Brisbane City.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
From all reports QC (Quade Cooper), Genia, Digby, Higgers, Harris etc all want/wanted to stay with the Reds yet whatever is going on upstairs is lure them elsewhere, it's killing the club. Can they not see that?

They also all wanted to be paid according to their new found status as Wallabies and Super Rugby champions.

There was never going to be the possibility of keeping all those players unless some of them opted to receive well below what they could get elsewhere.

As it happened, Higgers and Ioane left first and Harris hung around for a couple more years on less money than he could have got elsewhere but then opted to make that move.

T

Train Without a Station

Any successful team loses players in a sport with a salary cap. That's a given.

Proper planning is the difference between those that successfully navigate it, and those that go down the Reds path.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
That's the man, and his style and that is why the RG and SC partnership should go totally. The way some of these players are treated is why there is so much discontent amoungst this club. Quade was unhappy for a long time.

No question re the highlighted bit, you're right.

The anecdotes and stories I have heard from multiple credible sources re appalling man management practices and styles from Reds business and coaching management towards all levels of Reds players would make your hair curl sadly.

You don't really need the anecdotes though, in so many Reds games you could see how demotivated and unhappy was the team, just in the way they played. Bad management practices always have consequences, the chickens always come home to roost.

It's stating the fucking obvious, but you cannot even begin to consider getting into the Super finals without a team environment that is positive, based upon honest two-way dialogue with coaches, and rooted in a culture of respectful treatment of all involved. That is just an essential base line and foundation requirement upon which much else needs to be built.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
I don't know if you are having a dig because he has missed games through injury, or are trying to say he has performed badly when he has been available?

Of course I am not critical of a bloke when injured. I haven't said he played badly. That is just silly.

But on the balance he, for whatever reason has not been the shinning light for a fair while.

The question administrators in the professional era face is one of worth to the franchise - both on and off the field.

Rightfully or wrongly Quade was the big dog at the Reds - and still had a large following amongst the kids.

No-one is indispensible - at least in the long term...

Floggn'

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Respect - Quade is a professional footballer. He played for the Reds since school.

he has been very highly paid for his services including the last 2 or 3 years when he hasn't performed to his ability oin a CONSISTENT basis.

The parties couldn't agree on $$$$$$$. Nothing more nothing less.

IMHO Quade asked for toooooo much and based on performances the QRU would not agree - simple really.

Same happened with Lucas, Harris, Higgers etc etc etc.

Sad but reality in the professional era when money is limited.

and braveheart "Harris hung around for a couple more years on less money than he could have got elsewhere but then opted to make that move."

Sorry but you both are wrong. Harris was genuinely dicked by the QRU and if Harris wanted to could have gone to the players union over it. It wasn't money at all it was a ridiculous time frame in which he had to make a decision otherwise they would take Ant. What a great choice that was!

Thinker

Darby Loudon (17)
My worry is they let him go and he does not realise it and still turns up to training polluting the place.

A lot of speculation going on here but that is what happens in a vacuum. Seriously, how bad are the Reds at communicating with members? Great at letting me know merch is cheap this week but crap at assuring me thus cluster fuck of a year will never happen again.

The Bunnies are emailing me all the time with member news. When their is a player issue they are straight on it.

Keeping getting phone calls trying to sell tickets to the Ball and all that junk. Can't provide us with anything constructive, taken members money this year without providing a quality product and want more.

There is not a single marketable player left at the club. Slipper is the poster child. All right for us rugby folk, but to Joe Public it's laughable. The second and third most marketable are the least popular footballer in Australia and a guy who spent as many days in court as he did the field.

If Quade stays in Oz but at another franchise surely everyone become untenable. And it is certainly starting to look like Carmichael is to CEOs what Graham is to coaches.

Inherited Link. Got ARU Bailout. On field success increased revenue and improved financial position. BUT we have regressed both on field and financially every year since 2011.

Both Ludeke and Kirwan have superior records to Graham and are both gone. We give two more good old boys a job to review the season in an attempt to justify keeping the worst coach in Australian rugby history (only Rea and Jill have worse records. Rea only got 1 year, Hill had a new franchise and nowhere near the talent the Reds have).

If only we could tie a board member to the US banking system and get the FBI involved, because a lot stinks at Ballymore right now.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Of course I am not critical of a bloke when injured. I haven't said he played badly. That is just silly.

But on the balance he, for whatever reason has not been the shinning light for a fair while.

The question administrators in the professional era face is one of worth to the franchise - both on and off the field.

Rightfully or wrongly Quade was the big dog at the Reds - and still had a large following amongst the kids.

No-one is indispensible - at least in the long term.

S2050. I note your conviction in this matter.

But if it was so simple as just 'QC (Quade Cooper) wanted too much money, trapped by his own greed, etc' why would the ARU (quoting MC and their own officials) - who know all the inner $ and other details - yesterday put out such a positive, supportive set of statements re keeping QC (Quade Cooper) in Australian rugby and inferring strongly they want to broker some kind of deal with him where he could play 7s in 2016 and move to another Aus franchise in 2017?

If the ARU also considered all of QC (Quade Cooper)'s demands 'unreasonable and impossible' why would they bother making such statements and treating QC (Quade Cooper) so positively in the context of his continued engagement with Australian rugby?

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)

If Quade stays in Oz but at another franchise surely everyone become untenable. And it is certainly starting to look like Carmichael is to CEOs what Graham is to coaches.

Just what I hope is an amusing aside:

Mid-2009.

B Barnes as the Reds' best 10 departs Ballymore for NSW clearly frustrated with the financial and coaching and general direction of the place.

Later 2009 - board revolt at the QRU, coach sacked, CEO sacked, all change.

Parallels anyone?

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Any successful team loses players in a sport with a salary cap. That's a given.

Proper planning is the difference between those that successfully navigate it, and those that go down the Reds path.

Look how impressively well the Chiefs have done just that since 2011, and they've had to contend with all manner of key player losses and so forth.

T

Train Without a Station

The real litmus test for them will be 2016 though, so let's revisit our summation of them in 12 months.

T

Train Without a Station

Well I said that merely because it just so happened I read an article about the Chiefs squad departures for 2016 last night (rarely read too many NZ articles) and the impact was that their backline would essentially be gutted so there is potential that 2016 could spell the end for their current success.

Perhaps it won't and excellent management will be seen, but they're roughest period to navigate is coming up right now.

T

TOCC

Inherited Link. Got ARU Bailout. On field success increased revenue and improved financial position. BUT we have regressed both on field and financially every year since 2011.

Well..... On the field yes the Reds have regressed from 2011, but financially the organisation has been quite progressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
The Chiefs also got royally dicked by the injury phantom this year in a way that I haven't seen since Reds 2012.

They've been running on 2nd/3rd string 9s/10s and basically pulling whoever the fuck is 6'4"+ from the local towns to play in the tight five for half the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.