• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick_

Allen Oxlade (6)
I know what you're saying, but contracting is his role isn't it?

I do worry that we are focussing too much on the next gen and are losing too many of that experienced middle tier of players (ala Anae etc).

Agree - apparently he won't even talk to players like Lachie Turner or Marco Kotze who look like they won't have a contract next year. Whether they deserve one or not isn't the point here. But they are experienced middle tier players (Seasoned wallaby and seasoned Currie Cup) that could do well to settle the squad with 350+ Reds caps leaving.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
I can no longer stand by and watch the current QRU management continue to make a mockery of rugby in Qld.

The press release last night was indefensible. As I said, there now seems to be a pattern of increasingly erratic and unprofessional behaviour emanating from the office which is a new and even more worrying development than the dire state of on field performances.

If you think there's any sort of strategic planning going at the QRU you've got fucking rocks in your head.

I wonder how long it took them to come up with the name Trinh-Duc to feed to Wayne Smith in this morning's Oz? In order to make the morning print run about 2 hours presumably.

Few here may know Cote that you more or less first threw open the doors of this place with Lord Gagger.

Having you back is like a force of nature, rediscovered.

Westie

Sydney Middleton (9)
I can no longer stand by and watch the current QRU management continue to make a mockery of rugby in Qld.

The press release last night was indefensible. As I said, there now seems to be a pattern of increasingly erratic and unprofessional behaviour emanating from the office which is a new and even more worrying development than the dire state of on field performances.

If you think there's any sort of strategic planning going at the QRU you've got fucking rocks in your head.

I wonder how long it took them to come up with the name Trinh-Duc to feed to Wayne Smith in this morning's Oz? In order to make the morning print run about 2 hours presumably.
Trinh - duck?

Seriously?

Fucking hell. ..

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
If the Reds want a Duck for a marquee five eighth, what is Stephen Donald (the Duck) doing next year. He has won a World Cup.

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
Seeing QC (Quade Cooper) in a Tahs uniform would hurt just as much. What a way to start the downfall of Queensland Rugby Jim Carmichael and company. Absolutely disgraceful!

Reactions: gel

USARugger

John Thornett (49)

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Seeing QC (Quade Cooper) in a Tahs uniform would hurt just as much. What a way to start the downfall of Queensland Rugby Jim Carmichael and company. Absolutely disgraceful!
Agreed.

If it eventuates, that situation would be a very sad state of affairs.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Please post the stories for us plebs impeded by the paywall

Google "Quade Cooper Waratahs", it's how I was able to get into both articles before the paywall hit me.

Worked for me, too, but can't say I was impressed by the article.

It all hangs on the premise of Cooper playing 7's next year, having AFAIK never played it before, then slotting seamlessly into the 'tahs setup when Foley possibly leaves. Some really big assumptions are being made that don't make much sense to me.

Gotta say I loved Koder Nasser's assessment of Jim Carmichael, tho :)

Rugger Mate

Allen Oxlade (6)
Agree - apparently he won't even talk to players like Lachie Turner or Marco Kotze who look like they won't have a contract next year. Whether they deserve one or not isn't the point here. But they are experienced middle tier players (Seasoned wallaby and seasoned Currie Cup) that could do well to settle the squad with 350+ Reds caps leaving.
That's the man, and his style and that is why the RG and SC partnership should go totally. The way some of these players are treated is why there is so much discontent amoungst this club. Quade was unhappy for a long time.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Respect - Quade is a professional footballer. He played for the Reds since school.

he has been very highly paid for his services including the last 2 or 3 years when he hasn't performed to his ability oin a CONSISTENT basis.

The parties couldn't agree on $$$$$$$. Nothing more nothing less.

IMHO Quade asked for toooooo much and based on performances the QRU would not agree - simple really.

Same happened with Lucas, Harris, Higgers etc etc etc.

Sad but reality in the professional era when money is limited.

T

Train Without a Station

I don't know if you are having a dig because he has missed games through injury, or are trying to say he has performed badly when he has been available?

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
I can see quade playing against the Reds in the future.
And RG will be head coach next year and the Reds will the Super rugby title. Full confidence in Reds big rigs to get it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.