• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
If you have gmail or a similar mail system, they will get filtered into the "promotion" area, so you probably have a big fat pile of Reds emails hiding there that you always miss.

I get those "from the locker room" shits, I almost feel like I am there sharing the loss with poor old Slips, and the team announcement and merch deals.

Pieman

Ward Prentice (10)
What are the chances of someone from the ARU, QRU or Quade's management suggesting the opening of new negotiations?
Oh well, just a thought.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)

Interesting................

Cooper to 'tahs actually makes way more sense than Cooper to 7's but only if it involves Foley to 7's, which last I heard Pulver had ruled out, 'cos as Gibson* says they can't afford him under the salary cap (& if ARU somehow makes it possible for them to do so, imagine the outrage of the other franchises both here & o/s, not to mention the padlock would have to go on the applicable G&GR thread post haste :)).

* earlier someone described Gibson as "another bitter kiwi" or some such. FFS you really need to get past the whole "kiwis hating on Quade thing " as apart from the usual knuckle-draggers you get everywhere (like no oz crowd ever booed Carter, Merts, Carlos, Fox............... Deans :)) it just ain't true any more.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
What are the chances of someone from the ARU, QRU or Quade's management suggesting the opening of new negotiations?
Oh well, just a thought.

Quade appaers to gave shot himself in the foot
The Tahs don't want him and it is unlikely a move to the Rebels or Force in on.
His price from a Reds perspective probably decreases now and it would take some humble pie from both sides to facilitate new negotiations.

Will that happen - very unlikely I would think

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Spiro has come out with his standard personal attack on Quade devoid of facts today on the roar:

My favorite part is that he basically ignores a lot of what the Sydney Morning Herald has published, which I find hilarious considering he writes for them.

Nothing surprising in that, Spiro is producing clickbait, not journalism.

The Hurled is supposed to be a serious newspaper. Not quite sure why they publish Spiro's stuff, frankly.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
How has Quade shot himself in the foot Scrubber? Between the QRU and him, he's the only one that actually has options here.

Absolutely, and I have to say, so far at least, he has to be admired for consummate mouth management in not rising to the QRU's acidic taunts re how much they've supported him for so long etc, and come out with his view.

Very hard not to feel defensive and aggrieved when your employer dumps on you in that way, when you have done just as much for them as they announce they have done for you. Takes some character to remain discreet and controlled in the face of it all.

IMO, a mark of the way QC (Quade Cooper)'s matured in recent years. He'll be way better off for taking and holding the higher ground.

T

Train Without a Station

The worst part is that if Carmichael had just come out saying they were unable to resolve a solution, people would have assumed Quade was being greedy and supported the QRU. Their need to trash him in doing so has only made sure fans have turned against them.

Sounds very much along the lines of the NZRU's quotes of dealing with Nasser in negotiations:

"Everyone in here found Khoder very straight up, which was refreshing. Obviously, he has a different way of doing things. He has a very clear view of what he wants for his clients and he puts it on the table. We had very efficient negotiations; no mucking around. He’s very easy to deal with: he tells you what he wants"

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Is the report/review handed over today?

gel, you may missed the post, but I noted that W Smith in The Aus (who essentially recycles the QRU line on all matters) said that the latest HC-related situation is that 'the report' from Frawley re the HC and HPU matters will now not be voted on during this Thursday's QRU board.

Rather, Smith said that:

- it's likely now that the HC position for 2016+ will be advertised and RG will be asked to reapply

- 'the longer the process goes on the more likely it is that RG will be retained in some capacity by the QRU'

The QRU board appear to love RG like a blood brother.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I'd guess that wanting to box created issues with his negotiations with the Reds.

If Quade remained in Australia, he ends up with only a short window each year in which a fight can be scheduled and like this year it conflicts which the Reds preseason.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
gel, you may missed the post, but I noted that W Smith in The Aus (who essentially recycles the QRU line on all matters) said that the latest HC-related situation is that 'the report' from Frawley re the HC and HPU matters will now not be voted on during this Thursday's QRU board.

Rather, Smith said that:

- it's likely now that the HC position for 2016+ will be advertised and RG will be asked to reapply

- 'the longer the process goes on the more likely it is that RG will be retained in some capacity by the QRU'

The QRU board appear to love RG like a blood brother.

Thanks @RedsHappy. I had missed your post.

There are so many posts by so many people each day it is very hard to read them all :(

Pieman

Ward Prentice (10)
And so I go back to my earlier post: Why can't someone swallow their pride and open new negotiations between Quade, the Reds and ARU? If everyone's seen to be starting from scratch, surely there's minimal egg on face.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Obviously if the QRU really wanted to keep Quade at all costs they would have agreed to pay him whatever he wanted. How much is the player worth with the time he has played and the level of excellance displayed - $400K, $800K, $1million, $2 million - There has to be a reconiliation by the mob paying the money between value - value as a player, value as a drawcard.

People talk about respect, not being made VC etc etc etc

The bottom line here was $$$$ and how many.

Does amyone really believe that if the QRU offered him $1-2 million dollars he wouldn't have signed................

Status
Not open for further replies.