• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Considering they haven't announced a signing of a 10, I'd wager that that waiting would have changed nothing right now.

I don't understand this view that negotiations with Quade are precluding them from negotiating with a replacement.

Because the replacement changes from signing with the opportunity of starting, to unit prepared to be holding tackle bags

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Think the whole matter is "interesting"

The only reason that QC (Quade Cooper) and the QRU (and probably ARU) couldn't agree was the $$$$$$$$$$$$. Sure, he has given service to QLD and OZ.

Quade could have agreed and signed. But he is a professional rugby player and ultimately it was about the money (fair enough)

To make the QRU the bad guy is a bit rich, maybe a bit of blame should be levelled at the player - he's the one who didn't accept the offer.

T

Train Without a Station

Because the replacement changes from signing with the opportunity of starting, to unit prepared to be holding tackle bags

You approach them as a potential starter. I'm sure all managers are smart enough to realize that if they are paying the player big money as a 10, then Quade won't be there.

Is it not the best position to be in to have multiple options to choose from, rather than completely dismissing one? What if in 3 months they are unable to find a top shelf 10?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Wasn't the Daily Cherry-Evans deal also over with Manly's offer off the table and negotiations stopped?

Could this be a case of deja vu repeating itself again for the second time?

A statement like this from one or other of the parties can clear the decks for negotiations to start again from a clean slate.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Quade was gone when the QRU let him travel overseas to sign for Toulon mid season. Despite being injured I though he would have had a bigger roll at training. From my view and following him on Twitter and Instagram he was not there much. And I believe that RG is the problem and comes Arcoss one stubborn bloke. His "making the finals"comment proved that

I hope Cheika and the ARU give him the Caps he needs because I think we will play well under cheika.

Any ways, What's Done is done and Quade is gone.

Sucks but the QRU have bigger issue then tryig to keep Quade at the Club.
I will be a member In 2016 like I always have been, but It will be for the love of the game not the club at the moment.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Think the whole matter is "interesting"

The only reason that QC (Quade Cooper) and the QRU (and probably ARU) couldn't agree was the $$$$$$$$$$$$. Sure, he has given service to QLD and OZ.

Quade could have agreed and signed. But he is a professional rugby player and ultimately it was about the money (fair enough)

To make the QRU the bad guy is a bit rich, maybe a bit of blame should be levelled at the player - he's the one who didn't accept the offer.

S2050 - if you know all this to be true from reliable, unbiased inside sources then fine, you can say all that.

But if you are just speculating how can you in any way be so certain as you claim here?

We have not heard a single word from QC (Quade Cooper) re his side of this story, which, for example, may well indicate there they were elements to this negotiation that were not solely re money.

Let's recall that QC (Quade Cooper) post 2011 could have left the Reds many times over for far higher $s and likely less pressure overseas. He was fined way more harshly than was KH for his drug offences for his 'toxic' accusations re Deans' Wallaby set-up, but he stayed on and played on. He suffered horrendous abuse at the hands of the Kiwi fans in RWC 2011 (and since btw) but he stayed on and played on.

Where is the valid evidence that QC (Quade Cooper) is solely $$$$$$$ motivated?

When openly asked months back what he thought re a deal to stay on at the Reds for 2016+ he stated '.....it's not just about the money, it's also about respect....'. Do we think it respected QC (Quade Cooper) to promote KH above him as team VC before he KH had played a single Reds game? After all his massive service and loyalty to the Reds/QRU, how would you or I feel about that act by RG/QRU if we were similarly treated in an employment context?

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
'...it's not just about the money, it's also about respect..'

You see that term a lot in negotiations days, in many different countries, generally respect is demonstrated through more $$$$

T

Train Without a Station

That would be a fair comment.

But consider the lack of respect shown. A former Wallaby Vice Captain overlooked for a new player for a Vice Captain role as one example.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
and yet another rumour

Cooper - Rumour

Aggravated his shoulder injury against the waratahs, now needs full reconstruction op, will be out for 9 months, which is why the QRU pulled out of negotiations, and he probably won't pass the medical at Toulon.

emuarse

Chilla Wilson (44)
Yeah no doubt but QRU seem intent on laying the blame on him.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

So why the fuck did the QRU let QC (Quade Cooper) and his manager go to France. Why did they let the situation get to that stage. They must have known then that he was not going there for the Bonjour Follies

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
So why the fuck did the QRU let QC (Quade Cooper) and his manager go to France. Why did they let the situation get to that stage. They must have known then that he was not going there for the Bonjour Follies

What makes you think they let him? The Stormers were irate at Vermeulen going when he did, it seems Toulon told them to go for their pictures.

Floggn'

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Just heard from a birdy that the Reds defensive coach. ( I didn't know they had one!) is going to Scotland. Hopefully that means Tattsy is on his way back!

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
Tattsy as head and defense coach, maybe we could get Brian Smith as Attack coach, and then probably keep Stiles as Forwards coach

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
What makes you think they let him? The Stormers were irate at Vermeulen going when he did, it seems Toulon told them to go for their pictures.

It seems there's really no love lost between former clubs and current ones, well at least between NH and SH ones.

This no honour system Toulon uses where they publicise a photo of a player in their jersey as early as possible (no matter who they're crossing), really intensifies my contempt for them.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Things seem to be going from bad to worse in Banjo HQ.

Time for some strong leadership, sound and rational decision making with effective management and communication otherwise it is going to end up as pear shaped as it was down here in the Harbour City the last time we were financially bailed out, with no one going to the games, the coach and board considered incompetent and a laughing stock, along with poor team morale and cohesion. Many of those signs are already present in Club Red ATM.

Status
Not open for further replies.