• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Unreal.
I'd be willing to bet JOC (James O'Connor) and Thomson follow suit.

TBH I can't wait to see Cooper at Toulon with their backline. If I was Cheika ensuring he picks up 7 caps this year would be a priority.

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)
Haha yeah, let Toulon bear the injury risk, pick Quade either at 10 or on the pine for seven tests so he can be elligible for Test selection. Bam - cake obtained and consumed. Well done ARU.

B

Bobby Sands

"the QRU has been disappointed in a number of factors throughout this drawn-out negotiation process, including his recent trip to France and what we believe are unrealistic expectations made by his management."

Do we think one of these 'expectations' was demanding that RG not be coach?

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
What a fucking joke. How far down do these idiots need to drive Reds rugby down to wake up to themselves. Sadly I don't think they will get it until next season when crowds and memberships plummet.

Bennett is back at the Broncos and they are doing well. They will return to dominating the QLD sporting market in reality. They will engulf the Reds market share.

Jamie

Billy Sheehan (19)
I think that QC (Quade Cooper) and his management never had any intentions of recommitting to the reds and the ARU. This will play into their hands. " ok I'm of to France then". James O'Connor is as good as gone too, although he won't be missed based on his performance this year.

I'm a tahs fan however I'm hoping the reds get back to where they belong. Aus rugby needs a strong reds on and off the field. The first thing is a new coaching structure and build a team around players that want to be there.

dru

David Wilson (68)
Anyone for starting a Toulon thread? See myself doing what I can to watch them. Sheesh the QRU are making it hard aren't they?

OK Quade, dates for the fight now please. I need to schedule it in.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
I could have handled Cooper leaving because QRU couldn't match the fee needed to keep him from Toulon, but to make a public statement that they have withdrawn the offer is a fucking joke.

Love him or hate him, Quade Cooper is a superstar, and is they type of player who can turn a team around. He will go down as one of the best Reds of all time after what he did in 2011. Whilst he has had a shit run with injuries the past two seasons, he is still the best player we have had on the books.

Again, I can understand not being able to match the offer and losing him, but the public withdrawal is a slap in the face to the Reds supporters.

Meanwhile, nothing on Graham, which has become laughable.

Reds supporters & members deserve better.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
He wants to stay in Aus right, so what are the chances of the Force or Rebels getting the money together for an offer?

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Cooper very very talented - no doubt
Cooper attractive to Reds supporters - no doubt
Cooper injured and underperforming over past couple of years - no doubt
QRI pissed off with being seen as reactive to Quade - no doubt

Think QRU decision is a prelude to the Review and the appointment of new coach.

Horwill, Genia AND Cooper throw a huge shadow and now all are gone for various reasons provides the QRU to employ the new coach, with new ideas, strategies etc - without looking over his shoulder to ensure he has the support of these fellows.

I am supportive of the QRU's stance - I just hope they now move on the appointment of a new coach ( and the departure of the old one in any capacity at Ballymore)

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Wow, you're really that narcissistic that you'll look back through the thread for comments to gloat over?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny stuff TOCC - I rarely ever look backwards only forwards but simetimes, just sometimes the memory kicks in as it should for all. -

Have a great day !

T

Train Without a Station

Withdrawing the offer is the part that annoys me. Why not give Cooper the chance to say no by the end of the month?

Yep I agree.

If you are unable to come to terms on your best offer and they go somewhere else, fair enough. You did the best you could afford to.

But this comes across as petulance and trying to get in first to slag off Cooper now.

Even the QRU quotes do not paint the allegedly sleazy Nasser in a negative light. "what we believe are unrealistic expectations made by his management". So his management have set out what they wanted. The QRU aren't willing to budge is how it seems.

That may be warranted, but I'm wondering if the QRU do not want these "unrealistic demands" known, because they aren't so unrealistic perhaps.

As I said earlier, discussions with Quade do not prevent the QRU from negotiating with an alternative and if they find one simply saying they have, and if QC (Quade Cooper) is not resolved by x date, they have to go that direction.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Withdrawing the offer is the part that annoys me. Why not give Cooper the chance to say no by the end of the month?

I suppose the question is how long have negotiations been taking place ?

As I have said before IMO QC (Quade Cooper) was holding out until the end of the year for his own reasons. Maybe the QRU had already placed a expiry date on the offer ??

The QRU obviously wanted certainty ASAP - they got it

Now, the coach

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Scrubber, as the only turth speaker and bastion of knowledge regarding the QRU, what is happening with the coach? I want names and dates of when people will be hired, fired and announced.

T

Train Without a Station

I suppose the question is how long have negotiations been taking place ?

As I have said before IMO QC (Quade Cooper) was holding out until the end of the year for his own reasons. Maybe the QRU had already placed a expiry date on the offer ??

The QRU obviously wanted certainty ASAP - they got it

Now, the coach

OR

Now call my fucking insane here. You could just negotiate with Quade, and any replacement at the same time. And when you have certainty on a replacement, you burn the bridge. Not before.

Status
Not open for further replies.