• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Good post TSR - lots of well thought comments.

Quade was in a "toxic" environment with RG. However he is just not worth a big money contract. I think he would be helpful to some of the inside backs. Pickle is coming up to his 5oth and has been around for a long time so probably not a great influence on him. I would rather see a performing (now) 10 in our sights.

TBH fucked if I know who.

Suppose we will see if QLD throws him the rugby lifeline. Time will tell !!!

What is a big money contract?

At a guess I would say Hunt is probably close to the highest paid Red and it would be very difficult to argue he is deserving. So how do you value him relative to Cooper?

Moore next year will be on good money but hard for me to see a way in which Cooper is not deserving of being in the top few income earners.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
What is a big money contract?

At a guess I would say Hunt is probably close to the highest paid Red and it would be very difficult to argue he is deserving. So how do you value him relative to Cooper?

Moore next year will be on good money but hard for me to see a way in which Cooper is not deserving of being in the top few income earners.

Frankly I have always said Hunt is overpaid and his year and a half, he has been, quite frankly, overpaid substantially (putting aside the drug shit last year). It is only in the last few games has he shown a real contribution to the team. However at about $700,000 he is still overpaid. He is probably $200,000 - $300,000 above Liam Gill. Fuck I know which one I'd rather be keeping or which is the better value for money.

Moore will be on good money but it won't cost the Reds anywhere near $700,000. The bloke might be getting on a bit but he has played a lifetime of rugby , Australian Captain and a fucking proven, durable, and successful rugby player. I was sorry to see Chibba go to the Rebels but jeez Ready has been a revelation (to me).

Hunt was always a punt.

In 2016 or 2017 I don't value Quade highly at all. Probably equal to Hunt but still should not be in the top tier $$$

Suppose McIntyre will have several more games in 2016 to garner more experience. Time will tell if he can grow sufficiently to become a very good 10.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
I think you're confused with Bernard Fanning or Michael Foley

Michael Foley a Queenslander? Another poach: born in Sydney, attended St Pat's Strathfield, started with West Harbour before moving north as he was stuck behind Phil Kearns.

T

TOCC

I reckon he should, he is been paid well to be here, at least get some game time promote club rugby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
He's struggling with the language barrier with guys he's been around all season. How's that going to work with a bunch of players he's never met?

T

TOCC

well he isn't here on a paid vacation either... Im sure Bond would love a player of his calibre, he mightn't be setting Super Rugby on fire but he should easily be above the QPR level and would benefit nearly all teams in the QPR

Status
Not open for further replies.