• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Disappointing about Fakaosilea, Reds put a lot of time and development into him for no return.

Great to re-sign Kerevi and pickle on long term contracts though.

Brownings manager had been sending his CV to a few European clubs back in the first few rounds, I wonder if his recent game time and LoLos departure may change his decision.

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
May depend on basis of Higginbotham rumours. Timu tui and Higginbotham. .. have gone from no ball carriers to potentially 3 run on quality ball carriers and no 7s.....

Mmmmm

EDIT: As mentioned page before.

upthereds#!

Peter Johnson (47)
Hearing from a multitude of sources thats Higs is at very least keen to come back. All friends and family either in Bris or GC, along with his businesses, his house etc etc.

Also got an ex reds player (after alottt of Red wine on caxton street after the cheetahs win) quite adamant that there is a ex NC, young, bruising, cheika favourite openside flanker playing in Melbourne (whose contract I believe finishes 2016) who wants to come back home to QLD for the 7 jersey......

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
I like the sound of Browning, McMahon and Higginbotham as a dream backrow

If Higgers is actively wanting to come back to Qld, I'd rather we ran, Tui at 6, Gunn at 7 and Higgers at 8.

Don't get me wrong, McMahon would be a great asset to the team, however, I'd prefer to develop Gunn (any slack could be picked up by Tui and Higgers in helping his development) and use the extra cash we'd spend on McMahon on getting a 10.

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
If Higgers is actively wanting to come back to Qld, I'd rather we ran, Tui at 6, Gunn at 7 and Higgers at 8.

Don't get me wrong, McMahon would be a great asset to the team, however, I'd prefer to develop Gunn (any slack could be picked up by Tui and Higgers in helping his development) and use the extra cash we'd spend on McMahon on getting a 10.

That's true about a 10. We still need one. Anyone Australians overseas. Berrick Barnes for example?

Mr Pilfer

Jim Clark (26)
I think Cottrell only signed for 1 year so no doubt you guys will be having a strong crack at him again to move back to QLD.

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
If McMahon has a genuine desire to come home then WE ACCOMODATE HIM . PERIOD! By the time Gill may want to return to QLD (1/2 way through 2018 at earliest) Higgers (if he even does come back) will be old, Tui will be gone, hopefully Browning remains but that's uncertain.

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
Chasing Higginbotham & McMahon doesn't make a lot of sense to me unless we are letting Browning go. Personally, I feel that would be a shame, even if both are undoubtedly better players at this time. Between Browning, Tui & Timu we appear to have 6 & 8 covered (Leaving aside as Shatz as I don't know where his contract is at). If we are going to invest in a flanker, I feel it should be in a genuine on baller to balance the back row and allow Gunn another year development.
I realise we have to cover injuries, but it doesn't make economic sense to recruit a player of such caliber that one of the above wouldn't make our 23 if all were fit, when we have other positions that need the investment more. Better to cover injuries with the likes of Korczyk.

Status
Not open for further replies.