• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Richard Graham said:
"I'm still clear in the direction that we want to go,"
It's quotes like this that upset me the most. It's how he says '.....still......' Which to me infers that the direction he wants to go is the same one he's been wanting to go for the past 2 seasons. So regardless of the fact that he's arguably further from where he wants to go than when he started he still is adamant that he's doing the right thing. Geez!
Just for once come out and say that you didn't get it right, that the 'direction' you wanted to go in was a bit off, and that you're going to try something new.
I'd like to think that would do me.

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
Regarding JOC (James O'Connor)'s defence, his defensive stats are actually not nearly as bad as has been implied. JOC (James O'Connor)'s faced a lot of overlaps, and is being blamed for not shutting them down. It's a bit unfair that JOC (James O'Connor) is being blamed for the Reds crappy defensive system and implementation thereof, but that's the way it is right now.

The other issue facing JOC (James O'Connor) is that he is defending outside the weakest defensive 13 in Australia (possibly s15). You can tell he is constantly adjusting himself to try and cover the strong chance of a defensive lapse by the man inside him. That's having a huge impact on his defense.

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
I believe I read in this thread that someone rated Morahan above JOC (James O'Connor) for the Wallabies. Evidentially they haven't seen Morahan try and tackle one on one. His defence has been very poor this year, JOC (James O'Connor)'s defence hasn't been great but it would seem JOC (James O'Connor) is held to a higher standard.

Have a look at the tackles in question though... 2 Jonah wannabes have run over him after admirable efforts trying to hit them hard and just losing the physics battle. One on one with those blokes the safest think to do is revert to the old u10s method of getting in their way, wrapping arms and letting their momentum do all the work. It won't be a dominant hit but it'll get them down.

Mozza's defense was a real trademark of his before he left the reds. Hope he can get it back.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Queensland Reds
NEWS | Queensland Rugby Union today announced further appointments to the high-performance structure of the St.George Queensland Reds for 2016 and beyond.

Following the announcement of John Connolly’s appointment as Coaching Consultant, Reds Forwards Coach Nick Stiles has been re-signed for a further three years as a Senior Assistant Coach.

Also, former All Blacks lock Brad Thorn has been appointed Reds Elite Development Squad Forwards Coach for three years.

In support staff, Queensland Rugby has appointed former Reds and Brumbies strength and conditioning coach Damian Marsh as Head of Athletic Performance.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Good to see stiles sticking around, he and Thorn should make a good forwards coaching team. I suppose backs coach might be somewhat dependant on what's happening with the head coach.

T

TOCC

Have a look at the tackles in question though. 2 Jonah wannabes have run over him after admirable efforts trying to hit them hard and just losing the physics battle. One on one with those blokes the safest think to do is revert to the old u10s method of getting in their way, wrapping arms and letting their momentum do all the work. It won't be a dominant hit but it'll get them down.

Mozza's defense was a real trademark of his before he left the reds. Hope he can get it back.

I've been watching him all season and I commented on his poor tackle attempts in round 3 or 4.. Mozza isn't a small bloke, against guys like Lachie Turner he shouldn't be getting bumped off so easy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
No official word on Richard Graham in this report though.

Fire his ass out of a cannon all the way back to Perth.

What a disgrace.. Hey remember the last guy we had... Named Link.

Had us winning a Super title in 2011. Pretty much the same team (minus Digby and Higgers) and now we are the laughing stock of Rugby!

I will not support the Reds by turning up to games if this rusted on Easts Tragic is at the helm of Qld Rugby in 2016.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
'So Woody, this is where we stand for next year'

g1336547430342431815.jpg

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
JOC (James O'Connor) will make the WC squad.

Tui got injured, JOC (James O'Connor) was injured, and Karmichael had a situation unforeseen to anyone.

Grow-up.

To say they are bad signings is not constructive or even criticism, it is after the fact petulant nonsense.

Call it what you want, but that doesn't alter the facts. And if you would care to look back to before the season started, there were many posters including me who thought both signings of JOC (James O'Connor) and Hunt were very risky, as they have turned out to be to this stage.

JOC (James O'Connor) may come good, but he has very little opportunity left. Hunt would be no chance of further honours in my opinion. So, in conclusion, I might invite you to SFU with the constant defending of these players until they deserve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.