• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Call it what you want, but that doesn't alter the facts. And if you would care to look back to before the season started, there were many posters including me who thought both signings of JOC (James O'Connor) and Hunt were very risky, as they have turned out to be to this stage.

JOC (James O'Connor) may come good, but he has very little opportunity left. Hunt would be no chance of further honours in my opinion. So, in conclusion, I might invite you to SFU with the constant defending of these players until they deserve it.

What nonsense. Risky? Many said Folau was risky. Many were right, many wrong. More similarities than difference in the circumstances, one signing has worked, one hasn't yet.
JOC (James O'Connor)? Many said he was in the best 23 ,many said best 15. Let's bring Speight up and see how good he looks on this backline.
Many said the Reds needed a roster change and had hung onto too many players since 2011. What would you have done with the benefit of hindsight? Who else was there?

There are many problems with the Reds this year. A couple of players different fixes none of them. So STFU.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
What nonsense. Risky? Many said Folau was risky. Many were right, many wrong. More similarities than difference in the circumstances, one signing has worked, one hasn't yet.
JOC (James O'Connor)? Many said he was in the best 23 ,many said best 15. Let's bring Speight up and see how good he looks on this backline.
Many said the Reds needed a roster change and had hung onto too many players since 2011. What would you have done with the benefit of hindsight? Who else was there?

There are many problems with the Reds this year. A couple of players different fixes none of them. So STFU.

I used to like the Reds' fans on here.

something

Jim Clark (26)
Many said the Reds needed a roster change and had hung onto too many players since 2011. What would you have done with the benefit of hindsight?

Agree, lets say you were coach of reds 2016 - what would you be doing to the player group? Taking into account current signings / rumours.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
As the Rebels showed in previous years, drafting in talented individuals won't fix a bung culture.

It's a real shame that QLD's momentum from previous years has stalled so soon, but in other codes it's almost an expected part of the success/rebuild/success cycle.

I get parochial from time to time, but all I really want is to see a winning Wallabies supported by strong provincial teams and a flourishing grass-roots.

Hope the pain for you blokes is short-lived and you're back in the winning form asap.

something

Jim Clark (26)
Signings:
I'd be looking to shaft ant Fainga'a, quirk and turner. I'd consider getting rid of Saia as well considering they come as a package deal.
Put emphasis on keeping Gill, Holmes, Slipper, Hanson, Simmons, Browning, Lolo, Frisby, Kerevi as they are the future of this team.
I'd look to sign a starting lock replacement for Horwill and groom Murday and McDuling (mcd on the bench).
I'd also look to sign a back up fly half from QPR if Quade stays. If he is out I'd be scouring the globe for a strong replacement. Unfortunately, CFS, Genia, Horwill, Browning (!!!), and Quade look to be gone. Probably Thomson too, after this year.

Tactics:
I think one of the biggest issues with the Reds is that they are putting players in the team when they are too green. Some of it thru injury but Magnay for example, should never have been in the team this year. Same goes for Duncan.
i'd be looking to develop a partnership with Taps and Kerevi (or CFS and kerevi if he stays) And put a shit load of emphasis on kerevi's D in training. Probably bring in a proven winger and let Kurindrani and Taulagi develop from the bench.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Tactics:
I think one of the biggest issues with the Reds is that they are putting players in the team when they are too green. Some of it thru injury but Magnay for example, should never have been in the team this year. Same goes for Duncan.
i'd be looking to develop a partnership with Taps and Kerevi (or CFS and kerevi if he stays) And put a shit load of emphasis on kerevi's D in training. Probably bring in a proven winger and let Kurindrani and Taulagi develop from the bench.

gees! This coaching thing is a piece of piss!

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Fire his ass out of a cannon all the way back to Perth.

What a disgrace.. Hey remember the last guy we had. Named Link.

Had us winning a Super title in 2011. Pretty much the same team (minus Digby and Higgers) and now we are the laughing stock of Rugby!

I will not support the Reds by turning up to games if this rusted on Easts Tragic is at the helm of Qld Rugby in 2016.

And Hynes, Davies and a raft of other players that make a full squad in depth. Also lets not forget the strength and conditioning coaches. And the backline attack work done by a bloke called Mooney a few year prior.

A lot went into the making of the 2010-2011 squad.

T

TOCC

Why do we have 3 Reds threads all talking about the same thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Reds 2015 should be talking about the here and now, Team Rehab, incremental improvements that may make the pain less bearable, and debating where the Wooden Spoon will be housed.

Reds 2016 should be looking forward to the shape of the Reds Franchise next year, who should be kept, who should be released, who should be targeted. What will the team look like for Super 18 2016?

Coaching options for Qld Rugby should be debating the pros and cons of Retaining or Sacking Richard Graham.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Reds 2015 should be talking about the here and now, Team Rehab, incremental improvements that may make the pain less bearable, and debating where the Wooden Spoon will be housed.

Reds 2016 should be looking forward to the shape of the Reds Franchise next year, who should be kept, who should be released, who should be targeted. What will the team look like for Super 18 2016?

Coaching options for Qld Rugby should be debating the pros and cons of Retaining or Sacking Richard Graham.

Perhaps the chaotic and disorganised state of all these threads perfectly mirrors their subject matter, just as they should. ;)

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
A great many problems go away if Cooper re-signs and can stay fit for the season.

Well, not really.

As I posted some weeks back, the ARU ran out the 'Deans just needs a much better support structure' after the RWC 2011 whilst JO'N's and Deans' love affair was still intact despite mounting evidence that Deans had conclusively failed to meet the ARU's and Wallaby fans' aspirations.

Then they 'upgraded' the support structure in early 2012 with all new support coaches, etc. But history shows, nothing really changed in the core calibre of Wallaby play and 18 moths later disaster fell with the conclusive BIL loss.

The moral of all this is that the position of the Head Coach is the crucial one. All team quality, culture, skill development pivots from that essential choice. This has been proven over and over again in rugby.

My core point is: let's as fans not be over-seduced in May 2015 with lots of glossy new coaching appointments whilst, meanwhile, the core HC position is upheld and we're fed a line of how RG is a just an OK surgeon that needs a better hospital around him and then next year less patients will die.

In 2014 we kind of all fell a bit for the 'squad is not quite good enough, the dazzling new player appointments will really get us a far better 2015 season'.

Surely, once bitten, twice shy when it comes to a 'we're helping Richard get better' program all introduced by the normal fanfare from the Reds media team.

Rugger Mate

Allen Oxlade (6)
Signings:
I'd be looking to shaft ant Fainga'a, quirk and turner. I'd consider getting rid of Saia as well considering they come as a package deal.
Put emphasis on keeping Gill, Holmes, Slipper, Hanson, Simmons, Browning, Lolo, Frisby, Kerevi as they are the future of this team.
I'd look to sign a starting lock replacement for Horwill and groom Murday and McDuling (mcd on the bench).
I'd also look to sign a back up fly half from QPR if Quade stays. If he is out I'd be scouring the globe for a strong replacement. Unfortunately, CFS, Genia, Horwill, Browning (!!!), and Quade look to be gone. Probably Thomson too, after this year.

Tactics:
Agree Magnay and Duncan probably thrown to the Wolves a little . But on your retention for 2016 think TOCC may be right and a one maybe two of your preferred players may prefer to go elsewhere

Parse

Bill Watson (15)

There's an argument for retaining Richard Graham as coach?

I must have missed that in my perusals of the forums.....

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
^^^^ Maybe I should have typed "debating the pros of sacking Richard Graham, and the cons of retaining Richard Graham" rather than "debating the pros and cons of retaining or sacking Richard Graham.";)

Hound

Bill Watson (15)
With the all the announcements I am starting to feel better about the Reds for 2016. Hopefully we will see a turnaround in attitude from the players which will lead to better performances on the paddock. Just two more changes to be made and the Reds to reach the finals next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.