• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
I'm not convinced that Connolly the solution, Rugby Union has evolved since Connolly last coached, a new generation of players have emerged since 2007 and the advancements in technologies, analysis and sport science have long moved past what they were 10 years ago..

How can he be entrusted to oversee and make decisions on a professional program when he hasn't been in the game for 10 years..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He cant be any worse than Graham.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Guys you forget that the board has the easiest out in the world. There is no reason to renew Richard Graham's contract. He hasn't delivered the results expected and his term is almost up. All the need to say is they are looking for candidates for next year and Graham is welcome to apply for the job if he wishes.

Thinker

Darby Loudon (17)
Guys you forget that the board has the easiest out in the world. There is no reason to renew Richard Graham's contract. He hasn't delivered the results expected and his term is almost up. All the need to say is they are looking for candidates for next year and Graham is welcome to apply for the job if he wishes.

Big difference between having that out and looking into your best friend's eyes as they begin to tear up and telling him he's gone.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
WTF? All I said was that if, as Toulon clearly believe, he made a hand-shake deal to go there & backs out he may struggle to find another Club willing to take him at his word further down the track.

He will only struggle if he starts playing poorly.

One thing all pro teams in all pro sports have in common is that they can forgive the most terrible sins if you are a good player.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
So how's that Japan number 8 he still injured?

Sent from my D6503 using Forum Fiend v1.3.1.

I was only just thinking about him. Not heard about him all year. Just all that hype when he signed.

Playing the Japanese season then coming to Super Rugby has to be tough on the body. For that matter playing in France then coming here must be equally as tough.

I really am not sure it is a good thing for players to jet about the place playing in these different comps and not give their body's a rest.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Just on Tui, any idea how long we signed him for? He could well play zero games for us.

EDIT: just googled it. We have him for one year. The term 'year' being used somewhat loosely.

EDIT #2: Looks like he may be fit for the May 22 game against the Sharks. So we will get 4 games out of him max. :-/

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)

Yeah good point but the one ingredient you have perhaps missed is that clearly the QRU elite have been leaking that RG would/will be renewed for 2016. There's no way Wayne Smith would have gone out on that recent limb re RG contract extension for 2016 if he hadn't been told that by 'good sources' in the QRU.

And I know that RG has recently told at least some Reds players he'll be back for 2016 (and btw the players expect that to be so). Would he do that without any validity?

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
^^^ that capitulation must at least in part have been a response to an awful internal environment and/or a serious disengagement with the team's coaches. It just screamed that, did it not.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
^^^ that capitulation must at least in part have been a response to an awful internal environment and/or a serious disengagement with the team's coaches. It just screamed that, did it not.

Even Marto who was visibly seething after the game alluded to such a disconnect with his reference to defence being so much about attitude.

I hesitate to blame the players hugely as the defensive structure has been very bad since the pre-season of last year. It would be very hard to give 100% to something you can't have faith in. Something that has been proven time and again not to work.

B

Bobby Sands

What employment criteria would he have met to be re-signed? I can't think of anything.

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Why would he want to keep coaching? at least at Super 15. Given his record he must reach the "maybe its me?" point soon. I can't imagine Graham is enjoying this.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Why would he want to keep coaching? at least at Super 15. Given his record he must reach the "maybe its me?" point soon. I can't imagine Graham is enjoying this.

I would imagine that the Dunning-Kruger effect has some part to play in inhibiting that realisation.

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
Just on Tui, any idea how long we signed him for? He could well play zero games for us.

EDIT: just googled it. We have him for one year. The term 'year' being used somewhat loosely.

EDIT #2: Looks like he may be fit for the May 22 game against the Sharks. So we will get 4 games out of him max. :-/

He has been an unequivocally terrible signing

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
He has been an unequivocally terrible signing

To be honest, the Reds have got very little extra playing time out of Hunt, and very little extra value out of JOC (James O'Connor) at this point. Poor signings look to be par for the course this year.

And on the question of JOC (James O'Connor), if he doesn't make the RWC squad I wonder if the issue of a possible get out clause will again come to the fore?

B

Bobby Sands

JOC (James O'Connor) will make the WC squad.

Tui got injured, JOC (James O'Connor) was injured, and Karmichael had a situation unforeseen to anyone.

Grow-up.

To say they are bad signings is not constructive or even criticism, it is after the fact petulant nonsense.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
JOC (James O'Connor) will make the WC squad.

Tui got injured, JOC (James O'Connor) was injured, and Karmichael had a situation unforeseen to anyone.

Grow-up.

To say they are bad signings is not constructive or even criticism, it is after the fact petulant nonsense.

JOC (James O'Connor) will make the squad, on what basis. The same basis that Elsom and Vickerman were selected, potential and past glories. His form has not been as good as others in his position.Simple.

As for signing Hunt and making him VC when he hasn't played Rugby for a decade and even League for 5 years is a big ask. To sign him as a "playmaker" reserve was insane. It is not a good signing. Sign him sure, but do it with backup to ensure that he is covered if he fails. If this sort of approach had been taken the issue of his dabbling with illicit substances wouldn't have been a probelm. Teams have been burnt plenty of times before with League recruits to make this a sensible path.

Grow up... Pots and kettles Sands, just because you don't like the arguments it doesn't mean they are petulant. For the reasons stated they have been poor signing and if you want keep hold of your toys and argue otherwise, with some reasons and not accusation.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
JOC (James O'Connor) will make the squad, on what basis. The same basis that Elsom and Vickerman were selected, potential and past glories. His form has not been as good as others in his position.Simple.

On what basis are you saying that his form has not been as good as others in his position?

This is a statement that is being thrown around a lot. I asked in one of the Reds threads why people are saying he's not been going well and I got zero replies. Im starting to think it is just a pattern of people not seeing him carve up defences regularly and taking that as poor performances and then regurgitating a popular comment.

He has been getting next to no ball. Hard for him to shine without playing any Rugby. That being said, many of his scarce touches result in a break or a half break.
He has made some poor defensive errors but most of these from my viewing are occurring when he's coming off his wing to make Kerevi's tackle for him as he's been missing plenty.

Being a winger in a team that doesn't have a flyhalf and zero attacking structure or intent, I say he's going pretty well.

Status
Not open for further replies.