• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Simplifying it but are we looking at an NFL player and an AFL player to fix our rugby team?

He started playing for Saracens and worked his way up through the academy to the starting side in 2008, he debuted for the Eagles in '08 as well. His stint in the NFL only lasted about a year and he's been back in rugby for nearly a year now.

Hardly an NFL player :p

Polynesian Warriors

Frank Nicholson (4)
Would love to see the Reds put in an offer for Carmichael Hunt now that he's a free agent. Genia, Hunt, O'Connor, Cooper, Sautia, Turner, Shipperley, Fainga'a, Kerevi

Parse

Bill Watson (15)
Simplifying it but are we looking at an NFL player and an AFL player to fix our rugby team?

Worked for the Tah's when they signed Folau, certainly improved their team. K. Hunt would most probably also boost Red's audiences- something that hasn't really happened at the Tah's.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
With the current uncertainty of James BrandO'Bieber in 2015, I think it is time to recant statements made by me during the Perth Airport Saga, when I said that the only Australian Franchise that could manage him was the Reds.

That view was based on him having done a Nate Myles in his nest with the Rebels and Force, full rosters at the Ponies, a fragile changing room morale and culture at the Tahs, and a strong administration and culture at the Reds.

I'm now not so sure that the changing room morale and culture at the Reds is as robust as it was at the start of the year or when I proclaimed that the Reds would be capable of managing The Brand. If it isn't robust, then no matter how reformed the Brand is (and I'm yet to see any evidence of genuine reform), then the last thing the Reds need is a proven toxic influence in their changing room in 2015. He may win the Reds some games, but at what cost to the team?

It is likely that there will either be a brand new coach, or a coach on a final warning running the show in 2015, and he is not going to need the distraction of nursemaiding The Brand to add to the pressure he will be under.

Given the current climate in Camp Reds, I'd recommend forget The Brand, and work on improving the skills of the local lads.

T

tranquility

Cooper, Genia, Hunt, JOC (James O'Connor), Tapuai, Sautia Etc would be as good as the Hurricanes backline.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
For a cool couple of grand a month I'll happily babysit JOC (James O'Connor) if necessary. Hell the pubs will be closing here nice and early so there's only so much mischief he can get up to. All we need is the facial recognition software to be up and running and tell all the clubs what a trouble maker he is.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
What's Henry Speight's contract situation like?

Any chance we could lure him away from freezing cold Canberra?

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
It appears that the Reds 2015 and beyond negotiating style and opening the money bags is similar to a dwarf chicken's arsehole - very very tight - unlikely they'll chuck too much at him particularly since it seems negotiations are continuing with Mr O'Connor

Status
Not open for further replies.