• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Fair enough the Brums at the top - but tjhey will stuggle a bit without White at the helm.

Tahs always have a good roster but have recently failed to live up to expectations of their fans.

Reds are solid, well performing with runs on the board.

To me, I reckon that the Reds and Brums will target Folau bigtime (the others will try to) . If they don't the bloke will slaughter us all

GO THE REDS

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
^^^ And in many respects the Reds player roster will put them in front of a "battle hardened Brumbies outfit" as well as the top Australian Seed.

Ha ha:D. A team that has 6/8 recent Wallaby forwards and 6/7 recent Wallaby backs (and two not so recent) is not behind the Reds in terms of roster imo.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I did the numbers for shits and giggles and lets be honest, what else are we going to do if we don't have a pissing match as trival as this? :D

Wallaby Caps for a Starting XV:
Reds: 355
Brumbies: 327

Total Wallaby Caps:
Reds: 361
Brumbies: 327

NB: Numbers taken from ESPN Statsguru so take them for what they're worth.

Reds can field 7/8 forwards (Robinson and Gill both starting) and and all Wallaby back line and still have 1 Wallaby forward and 2 backs on the bench! Happy with that!

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
The biggest unknown is how the new coaching staff will go.

Very big shoes to fill coming in after link.

*edit* - oh and the reds media machine has been earning their bikkies with all the redstv stuff of recent weeks. Good to see.

T

TOCC

Last time I spoke to Ant he was not going to be back playing until May.

Thats surprising, he seems quite involved for someone who is supposed to be out until May

Queensland+Reds+Training+Session+JYurM6Ww03Ul.jpg

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Anthony+Fainga'a+Queensland+Reds+Training+Session+eCDJwZmcg21l.jpg

T

tranquility

Jonah is already looking pretty developed isn't he? Considering he is what turning 19 this year..

Set piece magic

John Solomon (38)
My biggest concern for the Reds is attack at the moment. The backrow is a superb defensive one with Gill's pilfering ability, Schatz work rate and Quirk's tackling ability but they don't really have an explosive ball runner to get over the gain line and generate the space for their (small) backs to utilize.

In 2011 they had Ioane, Higginbotham, Daley, Horwill, Samo all as big blokes that would move the team up the field.. Daley & Horwill must find form.

SouthernX

John Thornett (49)
Wow Browning is a little on the smaller side (same height as Gilly or there a bouts). STILL built like a shit brick house.

But I'm yet to see him play at in-depth so I don't want to pass judgement on his mongrel.(Which is most important factor in the back row)

It's one thing being a schoolboy prodigy owning the competition in front of you.. It's another being manhandled by South African Peptide Giants in professional rugby!!!

Can anyone give me an example of whom Browning reminds you of?

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Browning certainly looks powerfully built, more so than Schatz or Quirk. He looks a few cms taller than Gill, as Gill is standing up straight and Browning is slumped forward. Definitely hard to tell from the camera angle, as I think that @TOCC is right and that is McDuling, who should be comfortably taller than both.

Listed heights:
Gill 184cm
Browning 190cm
Quirk 191cm
Schatz 192cm
McDuling 196cm

Status
Not open for further replies.