• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
No JOC (James O'Connor) or no other high profile player signing please. There is no place for JOC (James O'Connor). We have a talented group of backs already to fit in and depth can be created through our development programs. WE HAVE NO ROOM FOR JOC (James O'Connor).

The only place the Reds are thin is an established TH. We ooze LH's though.

T

Train Without a Station

IMO, you need a 15.

We are a little short there, but we didn't need a top line 15 to win the title in 2011 or to make the finals the next 2 years either. The last time we had one was Hynes in our least successful season under Link.

A test quality fullback would be a great addition, but under the Reds current culture we have not made a play for any big name recruits, but rather looked from within QLD or other players looking for an opportunity.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
The little I've seen of Jonah has me very interested in how he will develop.
But Latho was more than what he did on the field. For a NSWman he really was the quintessential QLDer. So much passion and love for QLD and rugby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
I watched Jonah all season, and he is a great talent, but still has a long way to go.

His decision making on kick returns is one area I picked out that he needs work. When Toua was out, and Jonah played at 15, sometimes he panicked and took contact or tried to run around the defence, in situations where a bomb or touch finder would have suited best. Although several times it worked for him as he made a line break, but others it put The retreating forwards under pressure to make the breakdown. When he played wing, with Toaua at 15, he looked more comfortable as he didn't have to take most of the responsibility on kick returns.

Just something I noticed, and it will develop with age and confidence. Aside from that he is a freakish talent.

I recommend finding the highlights of Easts vs Brothers this year and watch some of his line breaks and that one kick chase try he scored.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
the great thing about the situation is that none of the players have a mortgage on their jersey, competition for spots ensures that players avoid becoming complacent rather they continually try to improve on their last performance.

There really is only 5 maybe 6 players in the team who you could say are definite starters: Slipper, Simmons, Horwill, Genia, Cooper are the definite starters, everyone else has some pretty strong competition for their spot.

I really feel Gill has earned the role of definite starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.