• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parse

Bill Watson (15)
I seem to recall they were available, but are you sure about last year though? I could have sworn that there was only the full season membership prior to the season start as I remember browsing their membership page thinking it was pretty ballsy.

I could be wrong, my memory is not as good as it once was.

I was pretty certain that they were definitely not offering the three game ones this time last year though:

I'm not in steamy Brisbane and thus always renew a 'Forever Reds' membership when they send me the first notice about membership renewals. I even have a receipt here for one purchased in Sept 2009 for the 2010 membership. Also I am pretty sure they were going before that, but maybe it was a different membership name then? (my memory ain't the best). But I remember being a member back in the dark days when we were at the bottom of the table and membership was less then 5000. So they have been selling non-ticketed memberships for quite some time.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
I seem to recall they were available, but are you sure about last year though? I could have sworn that there was only the full season membership prior to the season start as I remember browsing their membership page thinking it was pretty ballsy.

I could be wrong, my memory is not as good as it once was.

I was pretty certain that they were definitely not offering the three game ones this time last year though:

Forever Reds is the only membership I have held due to how often I can make games. It has definitely been sold in the last few preseasons.

Don't recall the 3-game membership going on sale until the first couple of rounds had passed last year either.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
I'm not in steamy Brisbane and thus always renew a 'Forever Reds' membership when they send me the first notice about membership renewals. I even have a receipt here for one purchased in Sept 2009 for the 2010 membership. Also I am pretty sure they were going before that, but maybe it was a different membership name then? (my memory ain't the best). But I remember being a member back in the dark days when we were at the bottom of the table and membership was less then 5000. So they have been selling non-ticketed memberships for quite some time.

Thanks for the info.

@No4918 - thanks heaps for clearing that up for me. - I was obviously mistaken.

Reactions: Ash

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
As a Queenslander I am always relieved when others grant us underdog status. It's so refreshing for supporters to be so willing to place the pressure of expectation on their own side.

You're a good person Brumby Runner!

You're most welcome Cat. However, I have to admit to an uneasy, queasy feeling in the gut every time I tip or write up the Brumbies. Familiar?

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
You're most welcome Cat. However, I have to admit to an uneasy, queasy feeling in the gut every time I tip or write up the Brumbies. Familiar?

Nah. Where's the belief.
The interesting fact re last year was that the Reds were the Aussi side that was the pinnacle to beat in the derbies.
Now Brumby Runner, your team has that onerous challenge.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Which is why I'm always optimistic (yes,even through the dark days of the naughties) because I can remember the glory days of the late 70's, 80's & 90's
Fuck me, I'm getting old!

But can you remember when QRUC was based in Charlotte Street?
Unfortunately I can.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Will be interesting to see how this kid goes this year. Doesn't have the out & out pace of others but seems to be able to get himself into gaps & attract defenders. Hopefully his health will be better & this will see some significant improvement.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Whilst I'm sure he is a good player, is he even in the Reds set up right now?

Not as yet no. He was in the Under 20 Australian squad last year but did his shoulder in France (?) then they found some serious issues when he went in for the surgery that ment more surgery. But from all reports is back in pretty much full training now.

I didn't know where else to put it other than here. He might be an option for the EPS but since we seem to have shit loads of back he may not. It will be interesting to see how he goes this year. If he is over the problems then hopefully he will show some marked improvement and be pushing for inclusion some where some time.

Edit - Was in the ARU acadamy last year.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Give him a year or two and he'll be in the mix. He runs hard and straight so 12 is most likely his position. Needs to have a good season in Premier Grade and I think he's a chance of getting a gig in the NRC.

I'm a bit bias though as I know the kid.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
You will know Jets then why I think there will be great improvment this year. Has good hands as well. Wopuld be good to see him in the NRC.

T

TOCC

Squad sizes are how big, 50? Lol
uda3ybez.jpg

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
15 of those players are actually just suburban rugby grounds that the Reds are hiring for additional training. They just happen to look like rugby players.

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
Squad sizes are how big, 50? Lol

Gotta feel for those schoolkids they found to sit in the front row - can't be easy or comfortable wearing footy shorts while sitting cross-legged for however long it took to get a photo they were happy with.

Also it looks like the first standing row (the middle one) has their hands behind their backs. I don't want to overthink it, but perhaps it made for some uncomfortably intimate moments?

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Gotta feel for those schoolkids they found to sit in the front row - can't be easy or comfortable wearing footy shorts while sitting cross-legged for however long it took to get a photo they were happy with.

Also it looks like the first standing row (the middle one) has their hands behind their backs. I don't want to overthink it, but perhaps it made for some uncomfortably intimate moments?

Cat_A, time to get your mind on the rugby, and off it re your perversions.
P.S. Did you find the 30th man/boy/? to make up the squad there?

Status
Not open for further replies.